Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SoReady4Change

Carbs

Rate this Entry
At what point can we have some carbs? I guess what I am asking is that I would love to have a good ole fashion grill cheese sandwich. For the most part, I have been avoiding breads and pastas.

Help!

Submit "Carbs" to Digg Submit "Carbs" to del.icio.us Submit "Carbs" to StumbleUpon Submit "Carbs" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

At 6 weeks I was cleared for all foods. I don't eat bread very often, but occasionally will splurge, like maybe for good bread at a restaurant or for half a BLT with a fresh summer tomato!
    we were ok'd at 8 weeks, but it feels like it is stuffing you when you it cause it kind of expands.
    Good luck eating a whole sandwich lol.....Im almost 3 years out and cant.
    Once I started on solid foods, I was unrestricted and only limited by my own new tummy or by the choices I made. I am almost 6 months post op, and rarely eat bread by my own choice. This week my lunch is chicken salad on a pita. My pita is 1/4 of the actual pita- cut it in half, then slit each half so 1 whole pita lasts me 4 days. Just enough bread so I feel like I'm getting bread, but not filling so I can focus on getting my protein in.
    I was told that to have the surgery work, you no longer eat breads, pasta, rice, white potatoes, that your lifestyle change is all about choosing the right foods to eat. High Protein, Low Carbs, I dont mean to sound preachy, but I thought food choices were part of the lifestyle change. I guess evry surgeon is different. I guess it depends maybe how far out from surgery you are too, if you really want one. Sorry I just re read your post saying you had been aoiding it in the past so i guess a little wouldnt hurt??
    Yes, every surgeon is different. After my year post op check up I was told that I can have 60 grams of carbs?! You know how hard that is? I have to read every label and track everything that I eat. I try to get "good carbs" from fruits and vegetables and whole grains. Some people got to eat oatmeal and cream of wheat after surgery, but my surgeon was against it, eggs and protein shakes for liquid and soft diet. I recently started to eat oatmeal (2 years out now). Everyone is different and depending on our age, older you get, the slower you metabolize food.
    Here is what my dr and nut said. Like others have said on here. Protein first then veggies then carbs and fruit. I don't go without carbs. My nut told me I MUST have at least 60 grams of carbs a day.