Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dizzygrl

Opinion on Dr Almanza

Rate this Entry
I have been reading posts every night since I decided to be sleeved about a month ago. First, I think everyone in these forums are so helpful and encouraging- so good on you!! Second, I have left a fee messages here and there on people's pages who have used DR Almanza but figured it would be easier to just start a thread. So my question is, to those who have used him for your surgery, Did you like him, and would you use him again if you had a Do Over? I know he does many surgeries but I can't decide if that is a good or a not-so-good thing. How did you feel about the premises - why am zi redwing several blogs about lasting nausea? Of course, I want the surgery - but does it mean I may feel sick all the time afterwards? Is it really just "rolling the dice" because it seems like there are several different reactions....
Thanks in advance for those who take the time to comment.
I really appreciate it.

Submit "Opinion on Dr Almanza" to Digg Submit "Opinion on Dr Almanza" to del.icio.us Submit "Opinion on Dr Almanza" to StumbleUpon Submit "Opinion on Dr Almanza" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I had my surgery done with Dr. A on March 1st. The experience was good. His staff are very professional and they run a very organized hospital. It was clean and yes, he does do a lot of surgeries in one day! That is a little nerve racking but as far as I can tell they seem to have very few complications. You really don't see much of the doctor. I think I only saw him twice the whole time I was there. I would use him again if I had to do it over again.
    The fact he does a lot of surgeries was one thing that drew me to him. But I did surgery on a Wednesday which I heard was a slower day. He did 4 surgeries that day. I had a very positive experience and would do it again in a heartbeat. My blog has details of my experience, which you may find helpful. Best wishes to you!
    I totally agree with Shelly my experience was great. I had my surgery on a Wednesday as well but we had 11 that day so it probably varies. But the staff was great. I met some wonderful people who we keep in touch on what we are going through daily on our own group text it has been a great experience overall and would do it again in a heartbeat. Having surgery in Mexico was different because it is not like the US but not one time did I feel like I was not safe or not in good hands, the entire staff was awesome! The hotel was even great too!! Good Luck
    I had surgery on 25th of March with Dr. Almanza and I was in the same place with you. I even thought about switching doctors after I put the deposit down but I didn't and stuck with Dr. A. What drew me to him was that he was most experienced Doctor I came across. I'm from Boston and most prestigious Bariatric doctor at most has 2000 sleeve patients under their belt and Dr. A has over 15000 patients... That is more than 7X more patients and some skills he has built up over the years.
    You will only see him once and while he is doing surgery but will probably not remember it. His nurse staff and Dr. Pompa ( visiting doctor at the hospital) are all great!
    I did not use Dr. A. I was a bit nervous about someone performing 12+ surgeries a day, plus I did not want to share a room. I used Dr. Pompa, which I see Minnni said she was visiting Dr. A the day of her surgery. Dr. Pompa was AMAZING, and so was her staff. Dr. Pompa's facility is extremely clean, new, and beautiful. They were amazing with their pain management. You can see Dr. Liza Pompa's surgeries on YouTube. I was actually referred to her by a former Client that lives in Tijuana. He went to school with her and her sister(Liliana) who is the patient coordinator. I will tell you Dr. Pompa is about 2k more, but this is my health, I did not want to bargain shop. The nastiest part about my entire experience was that DAMN leak test..i about died trying to drink that liquid!!(ok i am exaggerating) but it was NASTY...Had i not had a friend who knew Dr. Pompa, I may have went with Dr. A. However it was worth every penny and I am going back next year to Dr. Pompa's facility for my Mommy Make over (she does not do plastics, but i met the doctor who does and he was SOOOOO nice. anyways use your best judgment and know that i think i was extremely luck too..no Nausea, no pains, nothing! I'm down 46 lbs in 17 weeks (15 weeks since surgery) and 17 since liquid diet. i realize others lose faster, however I've had no problems and shoot if i can enjoy life and lose weight, i'll take the slow race!!) and really it's not that slow but a lot of people lose faster than me..long winded by i hope that helps
    I used Almanza and don't regret it. You can read my experience on my blog.
    Thank you , thank you all!!!!!!
    Check out Dr Hidalgo with weight loss team, you won't be sorry. You can pm if you want more info.
    Please keep in mind that there are many different opinions on all surgeons and that this website is affiliated with WLA and Dr. Almanza. Keep in mind, that some negative reviews are removed from this site which is their prerogative. Therefore, I would read the posts on here and other Bariatric sites. Also I encourage you to do google searches for any surgeon such as Dr. Jones infections, complications, leaks, reviews, etc.....
    By doing all of the above, you will get an objective view from his patients and media outlets.
    I have no personal experience with him but after extensive research found several Mexican alternatives that better meet my needs.
    Keep an open mind, research credentials, standards and facilities before price and select the surgeon that best meets your needs. And btw, good luck!