Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Icandoit

4 days away

Rate this Entry
My surgery is on Friday! Today I had my preop, saw the program nurse, met briefly with the doctor, then did pew admission and met with anesthesia nurse. Lost 5 lbs! Blood work and a chest X-ray. I found out we can put flavoring in milk as long as it's sugar free, whew! From day 3-14 I'm to drink 32 oz of skim milk per day.

I'm not sleeping and beginning to panic a little. I think about running for the hills (if I could run!) but also desperately want to change. It's funny, when I tell people about WLS, part of me is waiting for them to say,"WLS? You??" Hasn't hsppened yet. I coulduse a little encouragement!

Submit "4 days away" to Digg Submit "4 days away" to del.icio.us Submit "4 days away" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 days away" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You're feeling normal. On the day of my pre opt appointment I was excited and anxious because it meant I was truly having the surgery. Something about the pre opt appointment finalizes everything and sets the wheels in motion for change, and it's change we want when we decide to have the surgery. The following days I was much calmer until the night I packed my bag for surgery then that little anxious feeling crept back in for just a few minutes. I just had to tell that anxious feeling to 'shut up' I didn't want to hear it because I needed a good nights sleep.

Good luck with your surgery. You're going to do well and you are feeling the same thing most of us feel after the pre opt appointment.
    Yay! I'm so excited for you!

I'm sure you are SUPER nervous but just remember, this is a good thing you are doing. A very good thing. And before you know it, it will all be behind you and you'll be losing all this weight and looking and feeling so much better.

I can't wait to hear how things went for you. And don't forget to offer me a few words of reassurance next week when it's my turn to be scared, okay? haha

Good luck, lady!
    Thank you so much for your kind words! You're right, it does set everything in motion. It's stressful, exciting, scary, and daunting all at once. Plus wrapping things up at work is tough and parenting when all I want to do is concentrate on myself is tough lol, like everyone else, I'm sure.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by mellowjoy
    You're feeling normal. On the day of my pre opt appointment I was excited and anxious because it meant I was truly having the surgery. Something about the pre opt appointment finalizes everything and sets the wheels in motion for change, and it's change we want when we decide to have the surgery. The following days I was much calmer until the night I packed my bag for surgery then that little anxious feeling crept back in for just a few minutes. I just had to tell that anxious feeling to 'shut up' I didn't want to hear it because I needed a good nights sleep.

Good luck with your surgery. You're going to do well and you are feeling the same thing most of us feel after the pre opt appointment.
    Thanks, Didi, your words are calming! I'll definitely be in touch within a few days afterwards to cheer YOU on. We're both going to be rock stars
    Quote Originally Posted by didishae
    Yay! I'm so excited for you!

I'm sure you are SUPER nervous but just remember, this is a good thing you are doing. A very good thing. And before you know it, it will all be behind you and you'll be losing all this weight and looking and feeling so much better.

I can't wait to hear how things went for you. And don't forget to offer me a few words of reassurance next week when it's my turn to be scared, okay? haha

Good luck, lady!