Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ictgurl316

Lenth of Surgery

Rate this Entry
What is the time frame for the surgery? + What medication are the Dr's giving most patients for pain and do the pain killer's work??? Thank You

Submit "Lenth of Surgery" to Digg Submit "Lenth of Surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "Lenth of Surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Lenth of Surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sorry Length
    I think the average is 1 hr. mine was 2 hrs but I had a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time. I had my surgery in MX and I was given a pain killer called Supradol which is sublingual and worked really well.
    OK : ) thank you. Thats not too bad loll
    My physician said the surgery takes about 40 minutes. They have given me an RX for vicodan for once I am home but I am not sure what they give for pain in the hospital.
    45 minutes. I had IV demerol since allergic to Codeine. They usually give liquid lorcet which is codeine based on going home, but I had toradol, and Only took one. I had the ONQ pain pump inside the incision, It delivered the medication directly to the incision site for 48 hours. It was great. Hardly any pain at all. (Except for gas pains when you drink. That ain't fun.)
    I heard about the ONQ pain pump andI hope my doctor loll will use it. I'm almost scared of the gas lollll. But anyways THANK YOU for all your information you really answered my ?'s they were really on my mind plus I just don't like pain then again most people don't.
    My surgery lasted a little more than 1 hour. For pain I was giving liquid Lorcet but I could not tolerate the pain med. I just slept when I was in pain.
    my surgey 1 and 3/4 hours, also had hiatal hernia fixed, liquid loritab did great both in hospital and out.
    Mine was 50 minutes with a small hiatal hernia repair. I stayed 2 nights in the hospital, but like a previous post, the Liquid Lortab worked wonders. I only use it at night to help comfort while sleeping.
    Thank you UCf... Everyones post really helped and I thank you all for taking the time to post a response... God Bless and good luck : )