Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

zmdh39

What enabled so many of us to gain so much weight? You are not alone!

Rate this Entry
[QUOTE=zmdh39;485864][QUOTE=tinman;485687][B][I][U]Heather has hit on this perfectly. I have been planning on posting a topic like this for a while. This is a question that has many variables and involves sociological and anthropological forces, but what it comes down to is quite simple. Adults of sound mind are fat because of 3 main things: weakness, laziness, and gluttony.[/U][/I][/B]

Ok...that's it....I've had enough. Try this on for size. What if you were genetically predisposed to be fat and there wasn't a damn thing you could do about it? Don't believe me? Then please follow the link in my post at the beginning of this thread.

There is an effing reason why we all have relatives that are skinny, eat what they want, as much of it as they want, go back for seconds and thirds, then eat some more, and don't gain an effing pound. My link actually gives a plausible explanation as to why that is.

Weakenss? Laziness? Gluttony? How about this. "I've tried every diet on earth. I've been determined, I've been regimented, and I've followed all of the rules yet I can't seem to lose weight no matter what I do. And when I do, I manage to gain it back faster than I lost it." Guess what, you, me, and most everyone else on here may have never had a chance to be successful dieting. We may have just been fat because our genetics dictated that we should be fat.

So, please, everyone on here, quit beating yourself up over your past. Your past has nothing to do with your future with the sleeve. They are mutually exclusive. That means that your former fat self has no pre-determination over your future skinny self. You've stacked the effing deck, and for once, you are in control instead of something that you have no control over.

So stop the soul baring looks into the past.

[U][I][B]The past is over and the past is over weight.[/B][/I][/U]

You have purchased the WMD of weight loss tools. This tool all but guarantees that you will lose your weight as long as you don't over eat. That's right. Eat what you want, when you want and made the way you like it.

Just don't eat a shit ton of it.

So, please forgive me for saying this, but, the God Awful pity party needs to stop here.....please.[/QUOTE]

Tinman, normally I greatly appreciate the information that you share, stories and comedic undertones that you add to this board, but right now I would like to share something with you:

Go ahead and watch as the tears run down my face,

Go ahead and tear the clothes off my body in your secluded place,

Go ahead and listen to the screams that I cried,

Go ahead and take a good look so that you can see the terror in my eyes,

Go ahead and rape me, I’m just an innocent kid,

Go ahead and penetrate me, because you think its ok to do what you did,

Go ahead and prey on my youth so that it’s never the same,

Go ahead and leave me shivering and bleeding thinking I was to blame,

Go ahead and act as everything is normal, while I wish I were dead,

Go ahead and cruse me with thoughts and dreams plagued by the nightmares that YOU created, that I may never get out of my head,

Go ahead that tell me I brought this all on myself, because a 5 year old playing in the sprinkles on a hot summer day to you is irresistible as hell,

Go ahead and teach me that I can’t trust anyone but myself because you were a relative that I trusted and YOU made this prison cell,

Go ahead and continue to visit my bedroom every night for years on end,

Go ahead and tell me that we are going to play a game of pretend,

Go ahead and destroy ALL of my innocence AND self-worth,

Go ahead and watch as I learn the meaning of incest, rehashing those memories only to realize that your transgressions against me were much worse,

Go ahead and see the hindrance, challenges I face and how I will be stunted as my adulthood ascends

Go ahead and indulge your depravity while I desperately wonder how a happy childhood and what my life could have been.

Go ahead and take my forgiveness and thanks, for crippling my ability to enjoy and appreciate those that mean the most to me because I never learned how to truly love,

Go ahead and place my spirit into the grave that you dug,

Go ahead and toss me to the side like a piece of trash when your usury of me makes YOU feel bored,

Go ahead utilize your predatory skill set to seek out child after child so that you can indulge your depravity some more,

…But most of all…GO AHEAD AND LISTEN TO THE WORDS OF ONE THAT YOU HAVE ABUSED,

DESPITE IF YOU ARE EVER CAUGHT AND PUNISHED IN YOUR LIFETIME...PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL ALWAYS LOSE

DESPITE THE FACT I THAT HAVE KEPT MY SILENCE INSIDE FOR FAR MORE YEARS THAN I CARE TO SAY.

…THERE IS STILL NO ESCAPING THE SINS YOU WILL ANSWER FOR ON YOUR JUDGMENT DAY

Sincerely,
Your Victim

Tinman, you may not believe that things can happen to people in their past that can greatly affect their future actions with regards to obesity...but I am a living example that they most certainly can. I was molested by a relative from the time I was 5 years old, until the age of 8...when that sick bastard decided that I was finally old enough, and that he had groomed me enough for him to try and rape me...I was 8 years old...do you have a daughter, nieces, granddaughters, a mother...would you tell ANY of them if you did, to stop throwing themselves a pity party?

Those events, absolutely played a factor in damn near every decision and experience that I have made in my life. And the truly sad part is that I am one of the very few lucky ones. Despite the terrible things that happened to me, I decided long ago, that I was going to take that terror, that pain, and all the hurt that it caused me, and use it to make me a stronger person.

I can tell you from PERSONAL experience, that there are far more people like me, who can't even begin to try and escape their pasts...it consumes them...and in many cases, eventually ruins them. So while genetics may play a factor in our predispositions to becoming obese...I wholeheartedly believe, that there are far worse demons out there that are far more effective in creating our self-destructive behaviors.

There are no pity parties being thrown on this thread...just a bunch of people taking a look at some of the things that shaped the person they became, and trying to relate and understand those things, to become better people in the future.

You are entitled to your opinions, and I will respect them, but on this one...I have to disagree.[/QUOTE]

Submit "What enabled so many of us to gain so much weight? You are not alone!" to Digg Submit "What enabled so many of us to gain so much weight? You are not alone!" to del.icio.us Submit "What enabled so many of us to gain so much weight? You are not alone!" to StumbleUpon Submit "What enabled so many of us to gain so much weight? You are not alone!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sorry, I still have tears in my eyes reading this.
    No person, especially a child should have gone through what you went through.

You seem to be a strong person. Maybe your innocence was taken away, but not your spirit.

Thank you for sharing this and I wish your life should always be filled with happiness and laughter.

Have a wonderful day!
    I am so sorry that you had to live through that. Hugs! You are inspiration for taking charge of your life. I know it wasn't easy.

I couldn't agree with your comments more. As someone else who was raped, I know what that did to me and how it nearly broke me for a year before I could even begin to pull myself together. Some people have blinders on and will never understand that maybe they don't have all the answers. They can never understand the impact of sexual abuse unless it happened to them. Not that I would wish that on anyone.
    I don't know why unspeakable things should happen to women as special as both of you are.

I give a "cyber-hug" to both of you and wish you nothing but smiles, laughter, fun and happy times for the rest of your long lives.
    Wow, I hate sexual abuse. I understand that it can definitely be one of the many causes of self destruction and obesity. But just because it exists as a legitimate contributor to some people who struggle with obesity, any form of child abuse can. Child hood trauma can cause many psychological issues and self destructive behavior including, but not limited to, obesity, drug addiction and alcohol addiction. That being said Tinmans Post was actually also correct. There are also many people out there who are obese because of genetic and medical reasons in exactly the way Tinman described. He made a very good point about the shame of all the failed dieting and beating yourself up over the past when you have now taken control and fixed that particular issue of not being able to lose the weight no matter how hard you try.
    The psychological damage done in childhood is something that will be a lifelong battle, that I take seriously and in no way mean to diminish. Just wanted to clarify that. I was not a huge over-eater or even a food addict but as the years went by my metabolism stopped working, I had not just one but several different medical conditions working against me including genetics. We all have our stories and I don't feel this thread was in any way a "pity party!" Just very informative on how many different factors can play into the cause of Obesity. Love, Rainbow