Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

adoptapup

Hi, I'm new

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this journey of the gastric sleeve. November 24th is my last weigh in and if I lose 3+ lbs they will send in my paperwork to insurance company for approval. I'm looking at possibly getting a surgery date in December.

I'm nervous and am looking for support to help me through this journey. This is going to be life changing.

I had an appt with my surgeon and this practice uses a size 40 bougie. I've read people getting smaller bougies. Will I still have success with the size 40? It seems so big.

Thank you
Theresa

Submit "Hi,  I'm new" to Digg Submit "Hi,  I'm new" to del.icio.us Submit "Hi,  I'm new" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hi,  I'm new" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Welcolme and Good Luck on your journey....
    You will still have success. I have seen from a 36 to a 42 being used, and all have had success. Godspeed on your journey.
    Good luck...you can do it
    Mine is size 36. I have no complaints. I think I'm glad I didn't get the 32 or 34, which I believe really aren't used much anymore, too restrictive. Seems to me that a 40 would allow you to eat a little bit more than me, but still be restrictive enough. You'd have to lose weight because you can't overeat--believe me, the tummy pain will make sure of that! Good luck!
    I was sleeved with a size 40 bougie. I was happy that it was not a smaller size. I've had no problems losing weight. I'll be 4 months out tomorrow, and down 60 lbs. I've also had no nausea, no vomiting, and no acid reflux. I can't say that is due to the larger bougie, but maybe. I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck.
    Linda