Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mercel

1+ yr(s) Post Sleeve Accountability Thread

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Mercel View Post
Good Afternoon everyone
I have not been on here for quite some time. Like almost two years. I will be 3yrs post op this November. I have lost all control and basically eat whatever I want. I even developed an addiction to popcorn having a bag every night. I also stopped exercising. I was so happy when I got sleeved. I swore I would never go back to being 289lbs, which was horrible for me since I'm only 5'0. My weight loss was slow. I got down to 209lbs and stopped losing. I never got to onederland. . I got discouraged along with other life events, lost sight of my goal, and began gaining weight. I gained back 25lbs!! It made me very sad and I went back to an old terrible habit of emotional eating. I don't want to do it anymore. I cant go back to that old weight. I want to get back on track. I believe that I can still get to my goal. I just need more support now than ever. I will check in weekly and let you know my progress. Its great to be back on here and look forward to continuing my journey.

Last night I swore off popcorn and chips (any kind) for a week. I also began my exercise routine this morning. Fingers crossed.

Submit "1+ yr(s) Post Sleeve Accountability Thread" to Digg Submit "1+ yr(s) Post Sleeve Accountability Thread" to del.icio.us Submit "1+ yr(s) Post Sleeve Accountability Thread" to StumbleUpon Submit "1+ yr(s) Post Sleeve Accountability Thread" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Remember one thing, as long as you are breathing, you can ALWAYS start again! It's ok to fall, as long as you pick yourself up and keep going! Don't look back, just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will do it! You will loose what you gained. Don't loose hope!
    I too am afraid of what I may do. My journey is only four and one-half months post op, but I'm slowing down on my weight loss (I've lost 70 so far) and afraid I may be eating the wrong things. I have been making small changes to that problem and try and stay strong. You can do it, don't give up. Good luck to you..
    Hey Mercel! OK, it happens. You're in a better place in your life now, you're ready to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start anew. My highest weight ever was--WAS--284. I'm 5'2" (almost; so tiresome typing that 1/2"). I was sleeved 9-25, so this is my 11th day post-op. Since I first met with the NUT in Feb 2014 I've lost a total of 37 pounds: some on my own; 9 pre-op; 11 post-op. I feel so much better that I have to keep going, and I will--yet I still over-eat too much of what my tummy can tolerate. Not to the point of vomiting, but to the point that I am constantly full, and if a little space opens up...great, I can eat another few bites. During the last 3 or 4 days I've lost and re-gained the same pound a couple of times. I'm getting a handle on it though. I wish you the best of luck.
    I bought a book called 'The Emotional First Aid Kit - A Practical Guide to Life After Bariatric Surgery' by Cynthia L. Alexander. I have enjoyed it and there's a lot of great rational, reasonable info.
    You can do this!!!
    I'm so glad you are back on track... I'm over a year post-op and I also fell back into some bad habits. Thankfully, I haven't gained but I also haven't continued to lose. Just remember to get back to basics and you will do fine. Thanks for sharing and you have the support of this forum to help you. I look forward to seeing your progress on here.