Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kaygee

One year anniversary went by and I was too busy to post

Rate this Entry
July 29th was my one year anniversary. It went by quietly and was only marked by a smile and a visit to the surgeon on the 30th. I'm doing well. Can't complain. Lots of positives in my life now. Feeling wonderful. Feeling thankful. Extremely busy. And living.

I juat wanted to tell you all that no matter what you need to do to have the surgery, it's all worth it. Choose your doc and your hospital carefully. Get yourself as healthy as you can before surgery. Follow the rules as best as you can. And you will have an outcome that amazes you.

I'm down over 65 lbs. I know that might discourage some people but I'm happy. I'm feeling better, I'm healthier. I know I look divergent and better. I still have a way to go but I'm slow and steady.

I know I've cheated. I cheat in moderation. I know when I gain a few lbs back that I cut back until I'm down a few. It's working for me.

I'm still having a little body distortion. I still see myself as a fat person. I know I wear a size 10 but I still see my proportions as fat. Hopefully when im down another 20 I'll see myself as average. Maybe never. But I know in my head that I'm thinner than I was. And that's a wonderful thing.

As for victories, there are so many. My rings are loose. My necklaces fit. I have new clothes. People either notice my weightless and compliment me. Or they can't figure out what is new with me.

I also gained a new hairstyle. I used to not care about my hair to much. I would color the grays and get a basic cut. Most days I would just wash and let it air dry. But my hair got thin after surgery and I took some advice and got it cut into a bob. Cute and swingy. I take the time everyday to flat iron it so it's shiny and at its best. And I wear makeup every day.now. Even if it's just to run to the store.

I also got a new job. Just a couple of shifts on the weekend. It feels good working more so I've begun looking for a real full-time job. I've gained confidence. I love it.

That's all for now. I gotta go live life. Enjoy yours!!!!

Submit "One year anniversary went by and I was too busy to post" to Digg Submit "One year anniversary went by and I was too busy to post" to del.icio.us Submit "One year anniversary went by and I was too busy to post" to StumbleUpon Submit "One year anniversary went by and I was too busy to post" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations!! Nothing wrong with slow and steady! We all have our own journey and everyone's journey is different!
    Keep up the great work...My 1 year is quickly approaching!
    Good luck on the job hunt
    Slow and steady wins the race! Congratulations on your one year surgiversary!
    Congrats:-)
    Happy anniversary!!! Congrats on your success!!!