Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

OOOWEEBABY!

Two Years Ago Today My Life Began Again

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
I am sitting here, pensively staring at my keyboard. I'm wondering how in the world I can express just how glad that I am that I had gastric sleeve surgery. My quality of life has improved 100%. Having the sleeve saved my life, too.

I had undetected breast cancer when I was very heavy. My mammogram missed it due to the size of my breasts. Thank God that I lost this weight, because this year it was found and now I am cancer free.

There is still a little way to go before I meet my goal. My oncologist didn't want me loosing weight during chemo. The massive doses of steroids I had to take made me gain about twelve pounds back, but I will get that off and keep moving forward.

Every single day, even when dealing with the cancer, bilateral mastectomy and chemo; deep in my heart and soul there has been this unbridled happiness because I have lost so much weight and I have made my life so much better.

It is wonderful. Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

Beside health improvements, I am no longer ashamed of myself. I get out there and enjoy the world. I am an active participant! Woo-hoo!!!

My 40th high school class reunion is going to take place next Saturday, and I can't wait to go!! The old me would not have even dreamed of going. I was so ashamed myself and how I looked. I look so much younger now, too, hee-hee!

You, know. I am still the same person I was before I was sleeved. Only I feel so liberated. Not only has my body lost weight, so has my spirit! Oh, the joy!!!

God Bless You,

Patty

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	At 2 years Before and After.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	20643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A BEFORE AND AFTER TOPS.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	20644

A picture says a thousand words, doesn't it? I have gone from a 3X top to a Medium. Yay me! Click on the pictures to see a bigger view of them. I remember a time a little over two years ago when I would look at all the amazing before and after photos. I could not imagine in my wildest dreams that I would be posting my own pictures one day.

Submit "Two Years Ago Today My Life Began Again" to Digg Submit "Two Years Ago Today My Life Began Again" to del.icio.us Submit "Two Years Ago Today My Life Began Again" to StumbleUpon Submit "Two Years Ago Today My Life Began Again" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Your positive attitude is an inspiration to us all.

I hope you have a great time at your 40th class reunion, because you will be going to another 4 or 5 ten year anniversary ones!
    Patty, your posts just make me happy.

What a wonderful soul you are. You go knock 'em dead at your high school reunion. You are soooo lovely. In every way. I'm glad for you that your life now reflects your innately happy spirit.
    Praise God!! You have no idea how much this has meant to me. You said a lot of things that I have been thinking. I am so excited for you. I go to my seminar tomorrow night. I hope it will not be long till my surgery. Thank you for sharing!!
    You are truly an inspiration and so happy for you. You deserve this second chance of life.
    Patty,

You are rockstar! Glad to hear you are cancer free.

All my best -Dwayne
    Patty,

I guess I try to find silver linings in all things also. I am so glad to hear that you are now cancer free. Keep your spirits up because we all know that we can achieve anything as long as we keep a positive attitude.

Godspeed on your journey.
    Awesome photos, great you are cancer free, keep smiling
    So happy for all of your successes....inspiring!
    You are truly an inspiration! And thank God above for your successful journey!
    I have been reading your posts for a long time now. You are such an inspiration to me, and obviously to other sleevers here. You look awesome but most importantly you feel awesome. Congrats on everything, your positive attitude is well inspiring. Thank you!
    Congrats on being cancer free and ur story.
    Simply a great story. Congratulations! Your positive attitude is infectious. Thank you
    Thank you so much for posting this good news. To know that someone is still happy and doing so well after two years is just so encouraging. Go and wow 'em at your high school reunion and enjoy every minute of it.
    Class of 74 - Whoo hoo! I went to mine earlier this summer. Are we old? I love your attitude, I too feel like my happiness at being a regular person is hard to contain!
    Awesome:-)
    Congratulations and Thank you for this post! It was so timely as I had just read a horrific story about someone's journey and it scared the daylights out of me. The picture with the two shirts was so inspiring and so tangible of what happens with this surgery. So happy that you are cancer free!
    God Bless you!
    You are truly an inspiration to us all!
    As New Englanders say, Wicked Awesome!!!!! I'm so happy to hear you are doing so well. You were such an inspiration when I joined this site in 2013. And you're even.more of an inspiration now. Take care of yourself and keep loving life!
    Congrats, you look great.
    Hi Patty! I have not been on this board for quite some time... You look fantastic and how brave to have battled breast cancer and won! Yeah team Patty! I totally agree with you, this is the best decision we could have made for ourselves. The self esteem along is simply fabulous.

I wish only good for you in the future...

Best,
    Laural