Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Nick Nic

Dating after the sleeve

Rate this Entry
Let me start by saying please don't judge me LOL

After being single for over a year, I met someone 2 days before I had surgery! I initially told him that this is not a good time for me to date and he was so insistent that he wanted to "get to know me better" I went ahead and exchanged numbers with him.

As we talked I went ahead and told him that I was bariatric surgery and he said wow his cousin had it and she is doing fantastic. He said he still wanted to get to know me better and that does not change anything.

My question is should I continue get to know him better or should I just concentrate on "getting to know" my sleeve better? He seems like such a cool, nice guy and I don't want to send him packing but.....I just don't know. I do like that I met him at my heaviest, and he still thinks I am beautiful.

Anyone else experience this? All thought are welcome.....

Submit "Dating after the sleeve" to Digg Submit "Dating after the sleeve" to del.icio.us Submit "Dating after the sleeve" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dating after the sleeve" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Take it slowly and get to know both better.
    Sex burns calories. Lol!
    Don't send him packing just yet lol but I agree with ^ take your time getting to know him and your sleeve. I've been sleeved for 9months and I'm just now becoming comfortable with trying to date for the simple fact that I was just trying to focus on myself and bettering myself and I could to worry about anyone else lol but I agree it's nice you met him presleeve :-) either way best of luck!!!!
    As Toopie2Seater said, it does, just nothing kinky that involves food like whip cream (if so, get the fat free kind).
    Get to know the guy The sleeve will take care of its own. If he is familiar with the GS, its great, because its tough to date someone who doesn't have it. I've been dating for the past year, and when I got the sleeve, women can be sensitive... I eat less than they do, and they find that as an insult. Part of the battle is finding someone who will be on your team and support you. Sounds like you did... The sleeve is easier to tackle with support. I would tell him everything you know about the sleeve, and what your limitations are... Have him join this board so he can become more familiar with it if he isn't...

Enjoy your new life... Now if I could only find what you found :P
    Enjoy your new life... Now if I could only find what you found :P
    @rhill2901: sorry, he sounds like he is already taken by Nick Nic.

Seriously, she is out there, you will find that special someone.
    I agree with Rhill and remember your hormones and emotions will be going a little crazy for the first few months. Good luck and never send a good person packing. Maybe he came into your life for a reason.
    My motto if he likes you now he is going to want to be with you later as well . Get to know him. If you guys don't work that's ok too!!
    I say do both! If he likes you now, he's going to LOVE you in a couple of months! He seems like he's understanding of the surgery, so for now, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Do you, and do him at the same time! haha!
    I think you can get to know him and your sleeve at the same time!
    I say get to know him and your sleeve better. Ur thing doesn't eat rice and beans lol like my mother use to say May she rest in peace. I think if he waned to get to know you at your worse (I'm only saying worse cause the heavy side is all our worse) then I think he deserves the very best. try it out hun, take things easy and if he invites u to dinner and goes to Wendy's kick him in the bleeeeeeep and laugh at it lol happy dating love
    You'll be a very cheap date since you can't eat much. If you can agree on what to order so you can have 3 bites of his, that would be a VERY good sign. Don't kick hi to the curb if there is no reason to do so. Good luck, girl. I hope he is Mr. Right (or Mr. Close Enough)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Poppa
    @rhill2901: sorry, he sounds like he is already taken by Nick Nic.

Seriously, she is out there, you will find that special someone.

Yes I know couldn't resist the opportunity to broadcast availability on the forums . Just networking that's all! :-)
    Why even start with "DONT JUDGE ME"? You been single for a year so whats to judge. We are all trying to find happiness in this sometimes too involved world we now live in. No one has the right to judge you, not even yourself. IF you are happy with him and he is happy with you then I say get to know him better. The sleeve will be with you the rest of your days. It is not going any where. At least he has seen the positive effects of it with his cousin. I am glad that you kept it honest and real with him. We all know that some people like their partners to be "thick", "fluffy" or "chubby", whatever the new word for it is these days. Godspeed to you on your journey.
    Go for it, I had surgery about 5 months ago and have lost 70 pounds, my life is really changing and also I notice that the people I want to be around is changing, with his sister having the surgery hopefully he will be of good guidance and moral support at this time, best of luck
    Both...burn that candle at both ends girl!
    I hope it all worked out.
    So....what happened?? Did you continue to get to know both him and your sleeve?