Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

miss_t

I said YES to the dress....

Rate this Entry
I am getting married in July of 2015 and the recommend you start searching for your dress 12 to 18 months before your wedding date. I totally was not ready for this. I was afraid it would make me feel fat and depressed. I knew for starters I was going to HATE how my arms looked in a strapless dress.
But anyways I figure ill give it a shot and go try some on, I don't have to purchase right now anyways. It would give me an idea of how much money I needed to save and what style I liked and what areas I really needed to work on body wise. So I dragged my mom and grandma to David's Bridal. First of all the women that were working there were FABULOUS. They were so nice and helpful. The girl asked what I liked and didn't like. She then said I seemed a little nervous as she was measuring me. I explained I had lost 125 lbs and I was very nervous about what I was going to see when I looked in the mirror. Well she told her manager and the manager told the other ladies...We got the first dress on and I stepped out of the dressing room and there was a audience of about 6 staff members and my guests. They were all telling me how beautiful I looked and still I was scared to open my eyes to the mirror...
Finally this was the moment...O...M...G I looked BEAUTIFUL! Not to toot my own horn or anything but I looked way better in the dress then I had ever imagined. So, we had fun with it and tried on a total of 4 dressed and I kept comparing to the first one. So, I tried it back on and I knew right then that this was the dress for me. It was on sale of course so if I wanted it for a cheaper price I had to purchase it that day. Well needless to say I walked out of there purchasing and ordering EVERYTHING I needed for myself. Dress, Veils, Bra, Slip, Tierra, Shoes, Jewelry and a diamond sash( I think that's what they call it).
I got home and my Fiancé says " I thought you were just trying on and not purchasing" haha
Never in a million years did I expect that id be getting married first of all and I definitely never dreamed this body would be slipping into a wedding dress and rockin it!
LIFE IS GOOD

Submit "I said YES to the dress...." to Digg Submit "I said YES to the dress...." to del.icio.us Submit "I said YES to the dress...." to StumbleUpon Submit "I said YES to the dress...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. You were beautiful before, but it is always such a special moment when you can look at yourself and see the beautiful person from the inside reflected on the outside! Keep up the good work. Best wishes for your new journey!
    Congratulations on both the wedding and the dress!! I'd love to see pictures!
    awwwe how awesome for you!!! must have been an amazing feeling! congratulations on your upcoming marriage!
    Wonderful! Hope you post a picture with it!
    I can't wait to see the pics next year's. I'm sure you will look just magical.
    Thanks! I do have pics I just am not sure if that's bad luck to go ahead and post pics of it haha
    Awesome.. you started right about where I am preoperative can't wait to see 162
    Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding. This is priceless what you have mentioned today how lovely you looked in your gown. Can't wait for pictures.
    Fabulous!!!! I am so thrilled for you. We definitely want to see pictures! You are going to be such a happy, happy bride!! It will be an incredible day for you.
    congratulations!!!!
    So happy for you!