Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

mis770

1 month Post op

Rate this Entry
I am just over one month out. I have been stuck at the same weight for over a week. I am still trying to get my protein in first before anything else. It has been a struggle. I can eat just about anything I want. I have had no restriction and i feel just like before surgery except I get full quicker.I am still always hungry as well. I have gotten better about realizing that most of the time it is head hunger. I am going back to work next week. I work and go to nursing school. I am never home so my question is what kinds of foods can i pack for myself throughout the day when i am at school and work?TIA

Submit "1 month Post op" to Digg Submit "1 month Post op" to del.icio.us Submit "1 month Post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 month Post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Do you have a microwave? IF you do Bring left overs from dinner. bring a protein powder container and mix your shake to get the protein in. I am only doing 3 times a day no snacks in between yet so i cant suggest anything for in between. Egg whites w turkey bacon is easy to warm up too. Instant oatmeal from Quaker weight control.
    String cheese can be your bff. Access to a fridge can help but not when youre in classes. Try protein bars with high protein and low sugar for on the go. Cottage cheese, yogurt, tuna or chicken salad are good sources also. Good luck:-)
    Hello!! They have a protein lunch-able at Wal-Mart for around $1.60. (160 calories) It have cheese, almonds and ham/tyurkey in them.Blessings!!!
    I too am 1 month post op but I can not eat just about anything. Very soft food is about all I can handle and I still take small sips. Very hard to get my liquids in, matter of fact I do not. I feel like I have swallowed a golf ball when I eat. On a good note I am down 30 lbs.
    Thanks for all the advice. I will keep this is mind.