Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kar

Our Journey-

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by kar View Post
It is day two since our surgery. I feel 200 times better today. We were dropped off in San Diego with Meg and Dave thank Goodness for them.

Here are my observations:

1 do not stay anywhere near the railroad, the Marriott is kick a- and worth every penny.
2. do not expect great communication withthe staff, they are very kind but do a terrible job of lettingyou know what you are going to be doing.
3 tell you companions to remain calm, no one will come and let them know that you are out of surgery and are doing well.
4. The recovery house is nice enough, the beds are difficult to get in and out of. If you are traveling with a companion there may not be room at the house for them. This was a source of irritation for my hubby because he could not easliy find out how I was doing.
5. Bring a pill cutter, some of the pills the give you are large a tough to get down.
6. Flexible- you will be traveling to several places before you get to the clinic. Also our surgery's were late, my daughters were at 7:00pm and mine at 9:00 and I was not brought back to my room until 11:00 Again my hubby heard nothing the whole time.
7 English is a challenge for the staff. There were several occasions where we were with a group of people and not one person spoke English.

Right now I am still happy I had it done, but if I was to send another relative I would go to somewhere that all of the facilities were in one place and not spread all over a city.

I will check in again tomorrow!!!

Submit "Our Journey-" to Digg Submit "Our Journey-" to del.icio.us Submit "Our Journey-" to StumbleUpon Submit "Our Journey-" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments