Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

OOOWEEBABY!

Picture This...

Rate this Entry
Hi,

If you have not been following my posts, I recently had my head shaved because I am told that it would only be a matter of days before it started all falling out. If you'd like more background, go read my previous post: "Reflections on A Bald Head." I am a pretty good writer, and you might enjoy reading it.

Don't freak out about my long hair in the Avitar. I still have it. In the closet. It's a wig! I also have a few short ones that look nice.

The first photo is of my sister and me. I think one of us must have been adopted! ( kidding!) Wow, don't we look alike? We are not twins, I am 16 months older than she. I also have a sister who is older than me. We all look alike! Gotta get a pic of the three of us on here!

I was sleeved about 20 months ago, and I have lost 130 pounds! Woo-Hoo!!!
5 more to goal! I am 58 years old. All I can say this thank you, Mom and Dad, for the great genes!

Please don't worry about me. Pathology says my prognosis is excellent! Prayers and good thoughts sent my way are graciously accepted. Thank you so much.

Oh. One more thing for you who are in the throes of The Big Hair Shed. Not to worry. It will grow back! Mine did beautifully. It will this time, too.

I played with wigs when I lost a lot of hair after being sleeved. It was a blessing of sorts, because I discovered that wigs are FUN! It made me much more confident about wearing them.

I had no clue what I would look like without hair. I imagined my head as an odd-looking, lumpy concrete block. Well, how about that?! The joke was on me. I make a good-looking bald lady!

Going on With My Bad Self,
Patty
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5014.jpg 
Views:	728 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	18106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4996.jpg 
Views:	706 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	18107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5010.jpg 
Views:	682 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	18108  

Submit "Picture This..." to Digg Submit "Picture This..." to del.icio.us Submit "Picture This..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Picture This..." to Google

Comments

You look great!!
    You are beautiful, inside and out! Rock that bald-head, and be proud of being such a fighter. Thanks for sharing. I am very interested in reading about your journey, thanks for sharing
    You look beautiful!! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!!
    You look just lovely with your shaved head. I swear, i love your attitude!!!
    You look great!
    You look beautiful!
    Beautiful! You are very lucky to have the love and support from your sister...I have an amazing sister too! You do make a very good looking bald lady...xoxo
    I just knew you had one of those domes that would suit bald, and how on earth can you ever not see that beautiful smile. I volunteer drive for cancer and you are one of the most positive women I know. Write the journey, love yourself and spread it around. Cheers
    You are a good looking bald lady!! Wishing you all the best on this new phase of your life and keep up the positive attitude, the rest of us love it!
    Thank you for sharing journey! You do look good bald!
    Such a beautiful lady...inside and out!
    Hope you are feeling as great as you look:-)
    You are rocking the bald look!! lol It really puts the emphasis on your bone structure now. Beautiful!
    Awesome. Hopefully your positive attitude is rubbing off in treatment area-it's wonderful to see cancer pts getting together and talking. You can obviously impact their lives with a lil bit of joy.
    You look adorable! I think you look a little younger too! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. As always you inspire me!
    Wow! You weren't kidding when you said you looked pretty with your hair gone! I'm sending positive thoughts your way.
    darned if tha'ts not a great look for you. sorry this is the way you found out that you look awesome shaved but you really do look gorgeous! hugs-gordita
    forgot to say, KILLER cheekbones. kiss yo mama!
    Again, you look beautiful! My sister wears a wig because she has alopecia. She looks great. But she would not look good with her head shaved like you do!
    Has your sister ever been to eyelinher.blogspot.com ? It is a wonderful blog by woman with allopecia. You can find great things on youtube by looking for eyelineher there, too! Check it out!

t
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee6Lee
    Again, you look beautiful! My sister wears a wig because she has alopecia. She looks great. But she would not look good with her head shaved like you do!
    You look beautiful!!