Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SuzyLove

Day 4 after Sleeve...

Rate this Entry
Finally went home late yesturday. You know when I had my surgery on Tuesday i was gunho thinking aww piece of cake be home next day. Well i had complications, I had allot of gas trapped in my lungs and chest are my shoulders were killing me, i was put on so many meds I freaked out. But after 2 days i finally felt better and they released me late yesturday. Im getting fluids down so far ok it hurts im sipping sipping, im only on broths and water and sucking on sugar free popsycles only thing feels good. TOday got brave made some cream of wheat with some honey ate about half of it got so full. But felt good to eat something warm and solid. I know with everyday it will get better. IM still sore in my belly area. My incisions look great. Any tips anybody can give any advice be great so far just still feel really tired and sore.

Submit "Day 4 after Sleeve..." to Digg Submit "Day 4 after Sleeve..." to del.icio.us Submit "Day 4 after Sleeve..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 4 after Sleeve..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

No advice---I've still got a few months--but it sounds like you are on your way!!!!! Glad you are feeling better.
    Sleep. Rest. Relax.
    Glad you're feeling better.
    Hi! I had my sleeve on Monday so I guess 4 days post op. I came home on post op day 2. So this is my second day home. I'm doing good. Tired that's for sure. Cant wait til the gas is gone and my incisions are less sore. As for the gas pains, walking around really helps with that.I am struggling to get all my liquids down. Really trying to get my fluids down today. I already drank my protein shake so I improved already. I have been living off of popsicles. I try to eat jello but yuck. I am going to crush my ulcer prevention into the jello today cuz it is too hard to put that stuff in water. I am also allowed broth so I did have some last nite. I haven't eaten much more that popsicles since Saturday morning. Hmm cant wait for an egg!! Are you back on your vitamins, that might help with your energy. Good luck!!
    Post op day 3 and every sip is painful like it gets stuck. I tried broth, flavored water and protein nectar but it has been really hard. I don't understand why it's so hard to sip on fluids the pain between my breast with every sip....makes you not want to sip. Any suggestions for getting passed this. And cream of wheat would be great but I can't even have that when I'm on a regular stage 4 diet, can't believe you are eating it on day 3, I understand that all dr's are different but that seems harsh
    I didn't have a gas problem but the tiredness will still creep up on me every once in a while. You need to remember that this is MAJOR surgery. They took out a large part of your stomach an your body is saying what the neck happened. Listen to it. If you are tired rest. Am rooting for you. Good Luck!
    im 3 days out....i say rest. and take it slow....and enjoy the down time
    I am 7 days post. My only advice is take it slow ...especially with foods. I have not yet migrated to anything puréed ...I am finding luck with protein drinks with skim milk, plain yogurt, cream of wheat made soupy and I add Splenda to mine and sugar free pudding. All that seems to go down well so far ... Good luck and wishing you much success!
    Also I found taking my vitamins helped with feeling tired. I take a B12 sublingual, a once a day gelly, and a calcium chewable....cheers!