Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

llf321

1 week out

Rate this Entry
Well, it is Sunday. Tomorrow is my 1 week checkup. It has not been a lazy, lay-about recovery. I got out of the hospital on Wednesday about 5 ... my 84 year old father was taken to the hospital about 10 pm that very day. I was up at the hospital on Thursday for a "couple hours" ... walking everywhere. 8 hours later, while walking to the surgery waiting room, I was "just done". I needed to go home. My family and I have wised up and I now walk some and ride in a wheelchair some. However, I'm doing pretty good. Struggling to become friends with my new tummy ... not much pain as long as I take my pain meds ever 4 hours like I am supposed to. My biggest issue so far has been to remember to sip and not chug. Prayer requests or good thoughts toward my father please. He had his gall bladder removed but is now having problems with his congestive heart failure. He has been in ICU since Thursday. Will take a step forward and then a step back ... typical for an 84 yr old but he is still my daddy.

Submit "1 week out" to Digg Submit "1 week out" to del.icio.us Submit "1 week out" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 week out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sending prayers and good luck with your recovery.
    Both you and daddy are in my prayers... don't forget to take care of yourself!
    I'm sorry to hear that about you dad, you are both in my prayers.
    you have had a hard time. I am so sorry about your dad being sick, remember to take care of you too! Hope that he is getting better and I hope that you do well with your new you!!! best wishes!!
    Thanks for the like...you don't have a visitor wall or PM ability so I guess I'll ask you here:

Are you a Kaiser member? I can't imagine you giving me a like for any other reason.

Best thoughts to your dad.