Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Grace

Vitamins for life

Rate this Entry
Hi folks,
Sorry haven't been around much. Been very ill and am working when I have the energy on packing to move closer to my kids and a warm pool I can exercise in.
The last month I haven't been able to even grocery shop I've been so tired. Some of it is my CFIDS but I knew there was something more and for the life of me, my pcp, my endo and my ND (naturopath) we couldn't figure it out.
I had numbness in my extremities, utter intolerance to heat or cold, hardly sleeping, weird heartbeat. I had a tick bite but it was treated and it didn't seem likely it was lyme. My thyroid is perfect. My heart is sound. My hypoglycemia is as under control as it will ever be...
I saw my pcp twice last week, the second time to ask him to hospitalize me because I truly felt I was dying. Resting was not helping. Nothing was helping.
My husband wondered if I should look up my symptom checker (I keep a list of what helps when I hurt). There it was... "check B vitamin and iron levels if feeling really lousy". I had just had blood taken so called the doc and asked for vitamin and iron levels to be added.
My dear pcp called me on the weekend to tell me to start taking high dose B-vitamins and iron until I see him later this week. My B1(thiamine) and B12 were extremely low. My iron is just not absorbing, apparently as there was something off. He is going to call my ND to work with her to see what will help. (I have terrific docs).
2 days on my sublingual high dose b complex, high dose b1 and 2 iron pills a day have me feeling so much better I can't even tell you. I'm still tired - with CFIDS I always will be - but the neuropathy is much better and I can think. My pain level is far better and I think I can leave the house today.
Okay, so as usual I go on and on.
Here is my point. I'm 2 1/2 YRS out from surgery, and thought that since I'm eating "real" food now for quite some time I could skip the extra vitamins.
Not.
Not ever, apparently.
So, if you find yourself feeling lousy for a long time starting anywhere from about 5 months out, I truly hope you will have your B vitamin and iron levels tested. It's not only the RNY folks who have issues with this.
Be well! Be peaceful Be happy!

Submit "Vitamins for life" to Digg Submit "Vitamins for life" to del.icio.us Submit "Vitamins for life" to StumbleUpon Submit "Vitamins for life" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank you sharing your experience and thankfully you and your doctor our on the same page! After reading your story it on makes me more determine to continue to take my vitamins as I believe they have been helpful with me feeling healthier throughout my journey.
    Thank you so much for sharing this. It's something I'm going to check on myself now.

Ann
    Thank you for sharing. I was put on iron and a b-complex as well. I was hoping that eventually I will be able to end these. Now I know I won't....