Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Readytobethin@51

2 Mos. Post Op - 33 lbs. Gone

Rate this Entry
Two months ago today I received my sleeve. I have had little to no complications, everything has healed nicely and I'm 33 lbs lighter!

I would have to say the hardest thing for me was adjusting to not drinking liquids while eating, but at this stage I'm pretty much used to it. Biggest no - no made, was trying to eat a half of grilled cheese sandwich, my sleeve was not happy with it. I was in pain for over an hour. Otherwise I have been truly fortunate, I have not thrown up one time since being sleeved, I start to get that little bit of full feeling and I stop eating, I do not try to eat a little more. This seems to work well for me. I have not attempted red meat yet, have stayed pretty much with poultry, & seafood. I'm still drinking 2 Premiere 30 gram Protein shakes a day to ensure I'm getting enough protein, I love them, so no hardship there.

My first goal was to be below 200 by the end of the year, looks like I may not make that, but that's okay because there is much to be celebrating in the 33 lbs that I have lost so far.

Best wishes to all my sleeve buddies that you have a wonderful Christmas and celebrate whatever stage you are in on this journey.

Submit "2 Mos. Post Op - 33 lbs. Gone" to Digg Submit "2 Mos. Post Op - 33 lbs. Gone" to del.icio.us Submit "2 Mos. Post Op - 33 lbs. Gone" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 Mos. Post Op - 33 lbs. Gone" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm so so happy to read your post! I too was sleeved exactly two months ago and my weight loss is almost identical to yours. I keep reading where some people have HUGE weight loss in their first two months and I was so happy with my 31 lbs loss. I know everyone loses at their own rate and some times the heavier you are you can lose weight a little quicker in the beginning.. but I kept ignoring those facts and was getting down on myself. Thank you for making me feel normal! Go Us!
    So happy for you! 33 lbs is great! I'm out 1 1/2 month and I lost 26 lbs so I guess the weight loss is almost as yours. No matter what the numbers are we are lighter and healthier!!! Keep up the good work.
    Hooray! I'm horrible at stopping when I feel full. I sometimes get a stomach ache from eating one bite too many. Good for you for knowing when to stop.
    Congrats to everyone on their weight loss. I decided early on not to stress out about this. I wasn't going to put every little bit of food into my Fitness Pal, I wasn't going to search for recipes, I wasn't going to do anything but follow instructions. I did have a really fast weight loss at first, but I had a lot to lose. When I hit the 4th month and was allowed to start "real" food, that is when the trouble started. It was very hard for me to try each food and see what I could tolerate. Fish - a big NO! Don't ask me why. I love fish. But I threw up tilapa and salmon and I hate tuna so....not trying again until the weather is warm and we can grill. Chicken I tolerate, pulled pork is a yes, beef is a yes, but only the tender parts of a steak. Can't eat thick, dense or dry meat of any kind. I had my first hamburger last week and I am 5 mon. out. I am not really anxious to have another. The point is you have to introduce each food and hope for the best. You might tolerate it one time and not another. But, 5 months out and I am 92lbs lighter. Can't wait to hit the 100 mark which was my original goal. Now I am getting greedy. I want to be far enough down in onederland to never have to worry about the 200 mark again. Good luck to all!