Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

brooklyn_mom

stalling and time to change it up

Rate this Entry
I have been sleeved for 7 months and had tremendous success. Lost 80 lbs and addressed many psychological issues that lead me to be overweight such as emotional eating.

But my weight lose is slowing down and stalling too much, and I think it's time to get focused and give myself a kick in the butt, start tracking food and upping my workouts.

Just looking for some encouragement.
I am pretty active as a lifestyle thing (I ride bikes and walk for transportation) but I don't really "work out" which I am going to start today! Recommendations for fun and hard exercise video workouts?

At a recent follow up with my surgeon, he said that patients often have effortless success (like me) and then get kinda lazy-they think it's going to be easy the whole ride and start to slip up. Well that's where I think I am. I have to start working harder for this. I am not at goal. So anyways, wish me luck!

Submit "stalling and time to change it up" to Digg Submit "stalling and time to change it up" to del.icio.us Submit "stalling and time to change it up" to StumbleUpon Submit "stalling and time to change it up" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I agree about changing it up. Try and cut out ALL dairy for 7 days, that always helped me. Also, try and get your proteins for 5 days strictly from food, not shakes. Also, go on a vitamin fast for 5 days. Boost water for 7 days, to flush everything.

If you've been eating chicken, eat steak. If you have been eating broccoli, try asparagus. Switch it up-

I highly recommend pilates, or yoga. You can buy the GIAM kit at target for under $20, comes with a dvd, a band and a yoga mat.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedracer
    I agree about changing it up. Try and cut out ALL dairy for 7 days, that always helped me. Also, try and get your proteins for 5 days strictly from food, not shakes. Also, go on a vitamin fast for 5 days. Boost water for 7 days, to flush everything.

If you've been eating chicken, eat steak. If you have been eating broccoli, try asparagus. Switch it up-

I highly recommend pilates, or yoga. You can buy the GIAM kit at target for under $20, comes with a dvd, a band and a yoga mat.
    thanks speedracer! I will check GIAM out. I don't do shakes anymore but I think cutting dairy will help aswell as switching protein source up.
    I love Zumba - it's a great workout!
    Quote Originally Posted by suzn358
    I love Zumba - it's a great workout!
    Do you know of any good zumba dvds? I did zumba when I had a gym membership in the past and loved it! Looking for dvds I can do at home now.
    Quote Originally Posted by brooklyn_mom
    Do you know of any good zumba dvds? I did zumba when I had a gym membership in the past and loved it! Looking for dvds I can do at home now.
    Try Amazon or Ebay 4 dvds. Switching things up is always a good thing Good luck 2 u
    Consider joining the fitness challenge on here. We are all sending in our calories burned each day and trying to burn 1000 calories per day as a group. We can use all the help we can get.
    go onto zumbafitness.com and you can get the real zumba dvd