Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LadyA

How to Find a Balance?

Rate this Entry
Ok, so I am a year and 5 months out of surgery. I think I have done ok maintaining for the most part. I haven't put back on more than 5 to 7 pounds and usually when I go back to the basics I loose the extra weight in a day or two. My question is how do you find a balance? May sound wierd coming from someone who is over a year out but I'm serious! I used to always say no to lunches out or I would go to parties and not eat. After a while people just think you're obsessed with weight and crazy. To be honest you do become obsessed with weight. When you come from being almost 400lbs to get to less than 250 you don't want to back slide. There are a lot of foods that I have cut out of my diet like pasta, beef, and pork. I don't eat seafood. I am only eating chicken and turkey products. I still slip though for baked chips or something sweet. I have noticed with the stress level at work I was slipping. Anyone have any good ideas on how to balance real life after surgery?
I still want to attend parties and lunches without seeming wierd.
Anything you can think of as a stress snack?
I am open for any suggestions!

Submit "How to Find a Balance?" to Digg Submit "How to Find a Balance?" to del.icio.us Submit "How to Find a Balance?" to StumbleUpon Submit "How to Find a Balance?" to Google

Comments

First of all, you have the prettiest smile! I haven't been sleeved yet, but like you said, sometimes you have to get back to basics. If you're going to a party or something, how about you take a fruitsalad, or something that you know that you will be able to enjoy. Good luck to you and congratulations on your success thus far!
    well i think we need to do something else for stress, not snack, that is what got us here right?
    1. You look amazing and congrats on your weight loss
    2. Get yourself a hobby that requires moving
    3. Veggies and string cheese and fresh fruits are keys to healthy living

Right down your bucket list and get going!

You have come so far...don't let the "fat brain" take over!

Make some healthy snacks for your parties...

example:

Santa toothpicks!

tooth pick with a grape then a bananas slice then a strawberry and a tiny marshmellow on top.

Pinterest it!!!

It's a big hit for christmas parties
    Theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com has lots of snacking ideas and most of them can be made in batches and frozen so you can thaw them out as the mood comes on you.
    Eggface's site is a must. Go check it out. Tons of tips and recipes
    OK, first of all...you had to be obsessed with losing weight - you were fighting for your life. You are not crazy to stay on top of this. This surgery is a lifetime committment. This is not something you just turn on and off. Your stomach is seriously smaller and you will never be able to eat as much again. Ignore those who are moaning and complaining about something that is none of their business. Just find those healthy snacks to take with you. Most ( not all ) but most restaurant menus have "something" you can eat. If the portion is too large, take the rest home and make more meals out of it. Or get over it and let the rest stay there. Don't let others get you down.
    I feel u...i am 13mnths out and know excactly what u mean. i try an plan my week and allow one cheatmeal a week. but things do not always go to plan and i think that that has to be ok too. u have to live also. not just diet..