Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aboutime4me

Radio spot, TV commercial and UTube Video oh my!

Rate this Entry
Hey all, I'm at the end of my 17th month post surgery now. Yesterday I just finished filming for a youtube video for my surgeon and the hospital where I had my surgery. I also did a radio commercial a few months ago, a print ad that will be out next month and a tv commercial to be aired sometime in March, I believe. They will all be aired locally here in Las Vegas.
Why am I telling you this? Well, it's to say to those thinking about having the procedure, that there is success with the sleeve. The surgery is a tool and you have to change your relationship with food and your thoughts about eating. They go hand in hand.
I'm also telling you here to hold myself accountable for the gift I've been given. In hopefully "giving back" to those who need encouragement, I need to also remind myself of exactly all the things I've just said. In order to have the continued success I have to stay on top of my own eating and not let my former bad habits take over my life once again.
I have been able to stay within 3 lbs of my lowest weight and I am totally stoked with that. I think we can all relate to the weight lost, more weight regained scenario that has been part of the cycle. With my sleeve, that cycle has been broken and I actually find myself thinking as a "thinner" person. That's a first for me, at the age of 55 now. It makes me very happy.
So, wishing everyone great success. For those considering the surgery...do your research, make your decision, and never look back. You have a wonderful future ahead of you, if only you embrace it!

Submit "Radio spot, TV commercial and UTube Video oh my!" to Digg Submit "Radio spot, TV commercial and UTube Video oh my!" to del.icio.us Submit "Radio spot, TV commercial and UTube Video oh my!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Radio spot, TV commercial and UTube Video oh my!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow! You don't even look close to being 55! I would have guessed ten years younger at least! Thank you for posting to remind all of us on this journey to change our habits with food and don't look back.. I too, have noticed that I now eat to live, not live to eat! It is a freeing feeling. When your YouTube video is up put in a link so we can watch!
    55??? no way! You look awesome! congratulations on your success. I'll have to look for the YouTube video!
    You look fabulous and congrats on your new "role model" career! I for one am definitely inspired!
    You look great! You like you are in your early 40s!
    You look awesome and sound so happy! Please give us the YouTube link. Wishing you much continued success! You're an inspiration to us all!
    Criminie...I am 51 and you look at least 20 yrs younger then I do. sigh...good genes is all I can say. Congrats on losing the weight and on being a role model. Difficult to hear the "help me, I am gaining weight" stories. Nice to hear someone is keeping it off. Congrats to you. It is your turn to Shine!!!!!!!!!!
    Dang girl you do not look 55 and this is coming from a 58 year old. I feel I look at least 10 to 15 years older than you. But I am not done with my journey yet. 77lbs down and off to onederland for me soon enough. That is awesome you are becoming the face ( and body ) of weight loss in your area. Congrats!
    Wow you do look fabulous congrats and thank you for the inspiration