Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

CoComom

Phentermine roller coaster .... Glad I am off that ride !!!!

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by CoComom View Post
As of this morning I am at the weight of which I enlisted the help of a Doctor to lose weight 8 years ago. I was put on Phentermine and thought I had found the wonder drug of the century. I lost 55 pounds in about 6 months and felt great. Then the ride hit the first hill and I gained about 1/2 of it back, lost some more, gained it back and then some. I stayed on this roller coaster for 8 years going up and down and watching my health start to go down hill. After 8 years I was now 100 pounds overweight. I felt bad every morning and was exhausted every night. My feet hurt so bad it felt like my bones were breaking. After a visit with my OBGYN and some aggressive pre cancerous cells removed I decided to take control of my health. (Nothing like a cancer scare to motivate you). My OBGYN suggested a Dr. and a weight loss seminar for me to attend. After getting a physical and finding out I was pre diabetic and very high chlor. I was even more determined to lose the weight. I soon attended the seminar. Needless to say that seminar changed my life. After hearing all my options from Food management to By pass surgery I decided on the sleeve. I am almost 8 weeks post opp and have lost 41 pounds. I can now walk almost 4 miles with no foot pain. I am off the roller coaster and never plan on getting back on.

Submit "Phentermine roller coaster .... Glad I am off that ride !!!!" to Digg Submit "Phentermine roller coaster .... Glad I am off that ride !!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Phentermine roller coaster .... Glad I am off that ride !!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Phentermine roller coaster .... Glad I am off that ride !!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats 2 u, that is wonderful! I am looking forward to the time I can go walking agn like that. Keep up the great work!
    I was also on the same weight lost pill for several years. It turned me into an idiot! Really, I don't know how or why I never lost my job. I would go to work and look out the window. Then all of a sudden it would be the end of the day, and I had no idea of how the time passed in between. Nasty stuff. And, of course never kept the weight off, either. I love my sleeve!
    Happy to hear that you have gotten off that roller coaster, I too am guilty of getting a ticket for that ride. I thought that was a solution too, but NOPE. Keep up the walking.............
    Great post!!! I'm so thankful to be off the roller coaster, as well. Only forward movement for today, tomorrow, and forevermore!!
    Good Luck Too you, I also was on the pill lost some weight and gained it back. So happy my surgery date is coming up very soon. Keep up the great job
    I too thought phentermine was the answer to all my problems. I lost 42 pounds on it and felt great, then the weight came back with a vengeance. I went back to my Dr. and wanted back on it and she said NO. I was so upset. I told her she was going to force me into have bariatric surgery like that was some terrible thing. I stormed out because I didn't get my wonder drug and 1 year later I am 4 days post op ) I am ready to do this the right way. No more drugs that keep me up all night. Thanks for reminding me where I came from
    I was on and off it for 11 years. When I started I only needed to lose about 10-15lbs. By the time I ditched the pills, I was 70lbs overweight. The doc office where I got them from just cycled us through...the doc started his weight loss practice after he lost so much weight. When I noticed that the doctor had gained all his weight back and then some, I said "screw it. I'm done."
    I got cancer the next year and one year after being cancer free (plus 1 day) I had the sleeve done. Glad to be done with the pills!
    The things I've tried throughout the years! Recently there was juice that was about $10 per day or more if desired. Well, if it had worked I wouldn't be here. LOL I am so glad we have a program that will work and give us a new outlook on life.
    I hear ya. Congrats on ditching the pills and opting for something healthier. I threw out my diet pills. When I was going through my cupboard looking for crazy glue yesterday I found the shaker things of Sensa I had bought, tried & gave up because it did nothing. So much money wasted on crap that doesn't work.
    I was on Tnuate and Phentermine for years too! So glad I'm done!