Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Anissa Christine

Just checking in...14 months post-op

Rate this Entry
Well I am still continuing to lose weight...I am now 5 pounds below my goal weight of 160.

Funny thing about it..I am not really "trying"...or I should say I am not obsessing about it. Once I hit "goal" the pounds just seem to fall off at will. There is something about hyper-focusing on that darn number that hindered me in some ways...so I am SOOOO happy to be over that HUGE physical/mental hurdle.

I have been training for a half-marathon for 7 weeks, so that has been keeping me pretty busy. I still go to the gym 7 days a week. At this point in my journey I am not ready to give it up. I do realize once I want to "maintain" I will need to workout less...because I know I will NOT be eating more.

I have also decided to go ahead with plastic surgery. I have the means to pay for it in full so I am going for it. When I first decided to have VSG I had an anti-plastic surgery attitude....but at about 6 months post-op...I knew I was going to need it to feel like a "true" success story. Like VSG, plastic surgery is a VERY personal choice. My surgery is scheduled for 12/30/13 at which time I will be getting an abdominoplasty , liposuction to my flanks, and adjustable breast implants. Of course I consulted with my bariatric surgeon prior to scheduling the procedures (he actually recommended the plastic surgeon I will be using) and he said he was 100% confident with me getting these procedures done at (what will be)16 months post-op.

So this is where I am at 14 months post-op. I hope all is well with everyone! While I may not come on here nearly as often...I am still grateful for this forum!

Here is a recent pic of me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	October 5 13.jpg 
Views:	19852 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	14902

Submit "Just checking in...14 months post-op" to Digg Submit "Just checking in...14 months post-op" to del.icio.us Submit "Just checking in...14 months post-op" to StumbleUpon Submit "Just checking in...14 months post-op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

WOW.. You look great!! Good job.
    Wow! You look like a whole different person. :-)
    You are such inspiration...and keep me motivated!!! thank you for updating us and sharing your story... and best of luck with your up comming surgery... please keep us updated... I am excited for you in this new journey... as I use to be anti-plastic surgery too, but now I think that after I get sleeved and loose the weight... I feel after all my hard work and dedication I deserve to feel at best in my body... So Congrats to you on this new journey!!!
    Woohoo look at u
    Wow u look amazing! Congratulations.
    You look awesome! Looking forward to getting the same results. Thank you for sharing!
    Wowowowwwww very nice and really such an inspiration
    Anissa,

I have said this before and it is worth repeating. You are truly an inspiration to alot of us. You have worked your sleeve so diligently and the results show. You were a beautiful woman before but you can actually see the glow in your face in the new pictures. You have confidence now and it shows. Way to go and good luck and Godspeed on the rest of your journey.
    Amazing. I am nine months out and have been stuck at 82 pounds for over a month. Did you experience stalls in your loss? If so, what did you do to get through them?
    How does your man feel about the new you? I take it your getting quite a lot of attention now, how does this effect him? (just curious)
    Awesome job... U look fabulous... congratzzzz
    Awesome work, and good for you for going to have plastics as well!! You will be bringing in the New Year as a whole new you, yay for your hard work!!!
    You look great!
    amazing, I have been following your progress since I have started in Jan. You have helped me a lot, just wanted to say thanks and a huge shout out! Wooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo
    You look amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Amy*
    You are such inspiration...and keep me motivated!!! thank you for updating us and sharing your story... and best of luck with your up comming surgery... please keep us updated... I am excited for you in this new journey... as I use to be anti-plastic surgery too, but now I think that after I get sleeved and loose the weight... I feel after all my hard work and dedication I deserve to feel at best in my body... So Congrats to you on this new journey!!!

Thank you Amy! And I promise to keep everyone updated! I can hardly wait! haha

And I share the same sentiments!
    Quote Originally Posted by SethP
    Anissa,

I have said this before and it is worth repeating. You are truly an inspiration to alot of us. You have worked your sleeve so diligently and the results show. You were a beautiful woman before but you can actually see the glow in your face in the new pictures. You have confidence now and it shows. Way to go and good luck and Godspeed on the rest of your journey.
    Awww Seth your kind words brought tears to my eyes! You have ALWAYS been so positive and uplifting toward me...thank you! And I hope all is well with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynewself
    Amazing. I am nine months out and have been stuck at 82 pounds for over a month. Did you experience stalls in your loss? If so, what did you do to get through them?

They absolutely happened to me! In fact there were two months I went back and forth between 2 pounds... up and down...up and down I wanted to scream (and I did..haha). But I NEVER stopped doing what I was doing (working out 7 days a week)..I NEVER resorted to "dieting"...I know my MIND is stronger than my body...so I just fought it tooth and nail! I refused to back down...against my own darn body...so I just pushed it harder...until it was "forced" to give in!Just keep up the mental fight you WILL win!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedracer
    How does your man feel about the new you? I take it your getting quite a lot of attention now, how does this effect him? (just curious)
    He honestly...cannot keep his hands or eyes off of me...haha He notices when we go out that I get looks from other men..and he just pulls me a little closer to him He is genuinely happy for me. He tells me I'm hot...ALL the time...which can be overwhelming for me at times..because I still struggle with "seeing" my true self. If anything it has made our already "strong"/passionate relationship even stronger and more passionate.

It did take me several weeks to "convince" (for lack of a better word) him about the boobs and abdominolasty. But in the end I was able to explain to/show him how feeling good about my body..was a win/win situation for both of us!
    Quote Originally Posted by christine53
    amazing, I have been following your progress since I have started in Jan. You have helped me a lot, just wanted to say thanks and a huge shout out! Wooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo
    Thanks Christine! I hope your journey is progressing nicely
    you are truly an inspiration. you're a gorgeous woman (at both weights) and let me just say =killer legs!!! you go girl! good luck with teh plastics. post tons of pix pls. including gross ones. i'm sick that way : )
    Congrats!!!
    You look absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on all of your hard work. It has paid off. Keep us informed on your future progress.
    I miss you on the board Anissa. I know I read this near the time of my PS but I just re-read it and it hit home. Since my last goal (175#), I've had weight just fall off, 9# since my surgery (that was after going down 2# due to lost skin) and actually my ticker is 2-3# high because I haven't accepted the new #'s. I, like you, may need to tweak down my workout frequency.

Anyway, you look great. Just fabulous. You were beautiful before but you look released now. I wish you nothing but the best on your PS. I had the flank to flank abdominoplasty and it hurt like h-e-double hockey sticks but I'm feeling normal again and the restructuring of your body will be amazing. I was told there was not enough to lipo just beyond my flank (which they cut and tightened) but I see a little bit of a deposit there, perhaps. Wish they could have done that and am glad you are getting that fixed. You can't get any more beautiful, but your body is going to show all the hard work you put into this process when you are done with the PS process.
    Amazing! I need to know your secrets!i want to lose 40 more lbs!
    You look amazing. All the best on your upcoming surgery
    Quote Originally Posted by bergamini
    I miss you on the board Anissa. I know I read this near the time of my PS but I just re-read it and it hit home. Since my last goal (175#), I've had weight just fall off, 9# since my surgery (that was after going down 2# due to lost skin) and actually my ticker is 2-3# high because I haven't accepted the new #'s. I, like you, may need to tweak down my workout frequency.

Anyway, you look great. Just fabulous. You were beautiful before but you look released now. I wish you nothing but the best on your PS. I had the flank to flank abdominoplasty and it hurt like h-e-double hockey sticks but I'm feeling normal again and the restructuring of your body will be amazing. I was told there was not enough to lipo just beyond my flank (which they cut and tightened) but I see a little bit of a deposit there, perhaps. Wish they could have done that and am glad you are getting that fixed. You can't get any more beautiful, but your body is going to show all the hard work you put into this process when you are done with the PS process.
    John I miss being among you all! I log on from time to time just to "see" you all😊

Glad to read you're doing so well! My PS time is getting closer!! Excited to say the least. But I am not going to lie...I am "scared" because I will not be working out! I know that is another mental hurdle I just need to work through!

I did my first-half 3 weeks ago. Did it in 2:12:01. I could have done better...but "running" into lines of walking people slowed me down some. Not to mention the race was longer than 13.1 (my run app actually had it registered as 13.6). Anyway...it had really giving me the "full" itch. And I think I might just go for it! But going to think it through some more.

I am still working out 7 days a week for the most part. My weight stays between 151-154. I really have no desire to be in the 140's. My bones are already creeping me out as it is!

Thank you for all the wonderful compliments...I appreciate them! And you look amazing yourself! I imagine you are no longer a single guy! Or at he very least you are having to keep love interests at bay!

Keep in touch!
    Quote Originally Posted by SleevedRN
    Amazing! I need to know your secrets!i want to lose 40 more lbs!

No real secrets...I just workout like a mad person!! Haha! The closer you get to your goal the harder it is to get the pounds off...but when your body is ready...it will release those pesky pounds! Best wishes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Kerry
    You look amazing. All the best on your upcoming surgery

Thank you!