Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dana

Dana's Sleeve experiment begins

Rate this Entry
I have been stalled for over two months, at the time of this posting I am 7 months, two weeks and three days out. I have lost three lbs this month and that might have been from a fluid pill. I allowed myself to go thru the holidays and eat what I wanted, even though it wasnt much I didnt watch my carbs either. My brother in law makes the best cornbread dressing in the world and since I knew I was about to do my experiment I just didnt hold back. (I feel like crap btw)

Before that, I had been letting carbs sneek in and Ive been getting 30- 40 a day. I know better, for me, but I just seemed to be slacking up. I mean how much harder is 20 carbs a day to do? So I am about to go back to the basics. not all liquid, just very low carb and high protein. I want to see if I can break this- I guess crawl rather than stall. Seems like everybody slows way down at about 6-7 months so i want to see if its our diet or just a natural progression in the sleeve journey.
Low cal is certainly not working for this girl, so Im about to practice what I preach and go back to under 20 carbs a day. If I lose no more than 3 lbs this month Im gonna jump back on those 20 carbs in a heartbeat! Im posting this for accountability and will post at least weekly good or bad. if its good Ill post daily! I will be adding another ticker including the few pounds i probably gained back this weekend just for this experiment.

Submit "Dana's Sleeve experiment begins" to Digg Submit "Dana's Sleeve experiment begins" to del.icio.us Submit "Dana's Sleeve experiment begins" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dana's Sleeve experiment begins" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I find that it is difficult to stay below 40 carbs a day. How do you do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by lavendargirl1
    I find that it is difficult to stay below 40 carbs a day. How do you do it?
    I eat a lot of meat or tuna and drink unsweetened soy milk. I do use some protein shakes but the soy milk is easier to get down and actually becomes rather addictive. I find it is a staple in my diet these days. I could almost sip it all day and not eat at all. Eggs and bacon are good and I like sliced cracker barrel cheese sometimes.
    my favorite recently is venison in a crockpot. its so tender. I cook it with a gravy but only eat the meat with what ever gravy sticks to it. its really good.
    before the surgery, when on atkins, I loved omelets but now not so much. Before, I used to eat a good bit of tilapia but now I cant stand it. I love hamburger steak, regular steak, and mexican food without the tortillas. and egg drop soup. oh, and pizza toppings.
    sometimes I get tired of it but mostly I just get lazy with it. My sleeve has done a great job by itself now its time for me to join in. I really hope this works or the next 80 will be very long. if not I feel great and will just wait for it.
    And Ive gained 3 lbs so I added it back to my ticker. I feel puffy so its probably fluid but thats not bad for the holidays and at night to boot.
    Good luck, and keep us posted!
    yes keep us posted I would like to know your progress, I may need to know what you have done in the future.
    Day three, Im down another pound this morning, back to 252. It seems to be working but it could just be fluid still and you know how you lose weight when you first start dieting. Plus getting all that food out of my system . I feel tomorrow will tell the tale, then I will be past my lowest weight since the surgery. yesterday i ate 2 eggs, a few green beans and a small steak at huddle house, they are good and tender, and I sipped on unsweetened soy milk most of the day.
    I forgot to add I had a small gladiator from smoothie king to get my protein up. 40 grms in that. I didnt double the protein bc i know you cant absorb it all. so I probably got close to 80 grm of protein yesterday. and about 11 carbs
    I didn't post yesterday but I weighed 250. I'm so excited to be right at 24anything! I've been eating mostly bacon and sipping soy the last day or two. When I'm working I lack imagination. . That's greek for lazy.
    I really love that the low carb is working so great! Sigh, I really hate that the low carb is working so great. Grrr! Why couldn't 1000 cals a day work for me! ppp. One thing is I didn't gain except for christmas so when I lose enough I can return to semi LC. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, I better wait and see how long this last. HAppy new years eve morning!
    this is day four. I posted day three two days ago but I was really at the end of day two but working nights Im easily confused.
    So day four and I hit 249! I also can taste the ketones so Im super excited! when I woke up this morning I could feel the difference and couldnt wait to weigh in. its one of my short term goals to be less than 250. my next short term goal is to hit a 100 lb loss. I wanted it to be by christmas but I stalled so much, now Im shooting for the end of January bc Im thinking I wont lose a lbs EVERYday. though I not so secretly hope to for a while yet. woot!
    Its after midnight but this is really for jan. 1st. Today the scale bounced between 250 and 248. I did start my monthly today, which is actually way off. It has been less than two weeks since $y last one. I'm not sure if its the effects of losing all this weight or menopause. Anyway, I may not weigh in for a few days. I'm very sensitive ya know, . With my hormones in an uproar I can't take a reversal no matter how temporary. Lovin my shakes again, atkins advantage cafe caramel, yum!
    I give you lots of credit Dana! I don't know if I could do the 20 carbs a day at this point yet. Mainly because I can't eat a lot of cooked stuff lately and somedays fruit, yogurt and cottage cheese is all I have a taste for and although it is low fat, it is not low carb. But, I may try a little harder and stop the occassional bread I have like every three days. Keep us posted!