Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Harley Granny

4 whole months!

Rate this Entry
Where has the time gone! Luckily I know where the weight has gone! Away!

I know I'm a few days early (29th is the actual day) but I'm at my busiest time of the year work wise and I have a LOT going on this weekend.

I don't post as much as I used to. I understand why those who have been sleeved for a bit slow down. I still check in once or twice a day just to see how things are going.

I have gone to a whopping one support group meeting. Bad I know...I'm going to try to do better. (I think that's what I said last month too lol)

I have officially lost 80 lbs since the start of my pre op. I only have two pairs of jeans left to wear. One fits just right and one is just a bit snug. which is fine. I can hold off going shopping at Goodwill for another month. I believe I have a few pairs of capris to last for a couple of months. I told you I have a lot of clothes!

This is the week the co-workers finally noticed! To excuse them, they see me every day and I have not mentioned anything to anyone. None still knows about the surgery and all accepted the high protein/low carb diet explaination. Which technically is correct.

My hair has thinned somewhat but it isn't falling out in clumps. I read on the Unjury website that protein and the types of protein make a big difference. I still have at least one Unjury protein beverage a day.

I try to get as much protein in as I can by noon. Like this morning. I had Dannon's light & fit greek yogurt around 6:30 (12g) around 9 I had a pure protein power bar (20g) My drink of the am was 20oz of unflavored Unjury protein powder with a Crystal lite fruit punch served over water and ice. (20g) I just had some black beans mixed with chicken covered with cheese. There might have been 11 grams there. So it's 12:07 and I've already gotten in 72g of protein. Another 20oz of water until Mid afternoon when I'll grab a stick of string cheese (7g) then who knows what for supper.
So before my work day is done, my protein is in and I'll already have 40+ ounces of water done.

On the mornings I go to the gym, I take my protein drink with me. I tend to drink more liquids on gym days.

For the new people....I do get disturbed and worried when I see posts stating they can't get their protein in. Even at 5 weeks out. 9 times out of ten, they are still mixing it with milk or trying to drink those God awful protein shots straight out of the tube.

Get creative! Read thru the posts and find out what others have done. My 20oz bottles and Crystal Lite (or store brand) are my best friends.
I mix both the protein powders and those god-awful protein shots with any complimenting Crystal lite and I'm good to go! The Walmart ones are usually used on the weekends when my eating schedule pretty much gets thrown out the window.

Even Isopure can be tolorated if you water it down and serve it on ice.
Lids on your drinks are also helpful because then you can't smell the protein!
Remember that everything you drink counts towards your liquids!

Have I been perfect? Oh heck no! But I'm human and I've had to test my limits. One of those limit testings sent me praying to the porcelain throne. I made a note to myself not to do THAT again.
I have eaten M&M's...tummy accepted them....my emotions didn't. I'm still mad at myself for that one. Knowing that I CAN eat chips and such makes me even more determined NOT to eat them.

So hang in there! You can do this! There are so many great success stories here on this board. I for one appreciate all the knowledge and support I've received since I started my journey.

Ta Ta For Now!

Submit "4 whole months!" to Digg Submit "4 whole months!" to del.icio.us Submit "4 whole months!" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 whole months!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats 2 u! Keep up the good work!!!
    80 pounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds like your doing awesome ! Keep up the great work, good to hear from you !
    Hey there Dear, I've missed you. glad to hear your doing well. I too try and get most of my proteins in before 5 and sometimes I find I have about 80gms of protein in before the day is over with. I've become so comfortable with counting my protein I almost feel like a pro, lol. My NSV are so incredible to me I find clothing and try them on and are amazed at the results. Take care and will be looking for you
    I am very happy for you! You have the best attitude...I have always looked to your posts for inspiration...80 lbs down is great!!!
    Wow you are awesome! I still drink my protein faithfully. I don't like plain water so I manage with flavor. No sugar, no fried and low fat or no fat! Love the Carbmasters yogurt! Works great and good in oatmeal. I do eat some pretzels with peanut butter. I have gone from a 20-22 to a 14, now those are getting loose. I am so happy for you and know you will continue to your desired goal! You are inspiration and helped me so much in the beginning!
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. I've always been a firm believer in a positive attitude.
    And when it came to this surgery, instead of stop look and listen, I've adopted the stop, think and listen approach.

I've learned more on this board just by reading than I ever learned in the classes I had to sit thru.
    How many calories are you getting in? And how much are you eating at a time
    Great job