Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

while.im.still.young

Where has the time gone?!

Rate this Entry
I was sleeved 8/27/13. Today marks 4-weeks post op! WHAAAAT?!

I'm almost 1 month out and I still feel like a total sleeve amateur. I see a lot of posts about "I'm getting ____g of protein everyday." And I'm over here lucky to be getting in some cheese and a few bites of egg throughout the day. I'm still having daily bouts of nausea. It isn't constant like it had been, but it still comes daily, nonetheless. I keep getting told that nausea is normal after the sleeve but EVERYday? REALLY? This sucks. That's pretty much my only complaint though. I love that I can eat 2-3 cubes of cheese and be satisfied for hours. I'm not worried about how much/little I'm eating in comparison to others because my sleeve and anyone elses' sleeve are not the same. I went shopping with my mother and sister this past weekend and I'm sad that I didn't score any awesome deals but I did get some new pants anyway. I'm rocking a pair of them today and they fit awesome!...For now. It should be a little while before they start to look like saggy, frumpy, drapes on me. I never really noticed how long my neck was before. :/ Maybe because my double chin always found a way to mask it. My neck is slowly starting to come out of hiding and it's a little odd lol. I'll take it! I started sleeping with a body pillow and my sleep has become soooo much more comfortable! It took me a few nights to get used to cuddling with it (confessions of a single lady haha) but it has made such a huge improvement.

The emotions have hit me hard recently. I know it's a hormonal thing and won't last forever but I feel like a total crybaby. I was watching the season premier of The Voice last night and this kid auditioning told his story about losing his brother at a very young age and singing helped him heal. He goes out on stage, gives it his all, and none of the judges turn their chairs for him. I was bawling my eyes out. "WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS PICK HIM?? WAAAAAAHHH!!" I would have NEVER cried for this in the past. It's so weird. Did anyone else feel like a total sobbing lunatic after getting sleeved? Or am I really just a sobbing lunatic? Lol.

This past Saturday was my town's yearly celebration. It's nothing big but a lot of alumni from past years, current residents, and people just looking for a way to spend their Saturday come to town and there's a parade and food stands and little bouncy houses and castles for kids. I have been out of high school for 5 years and I never wanted to go to this little shin-dig just because I didn't really want to see anyone that I had gone to high school with. Mainly because I had gained over 60lbs since I graduated in 2008. I still had a lot of friends from high school that I hung out with regularly and none of them treated me differently but I knew they could all see me slowly gaining and gaining and gaining. I couldn't imagine seeing someone I hadn't seen in 5 years and the look on their face screaming "WOW! You blew up!". So for a couple of years I avoided the thing all together, another couple of years the town didn't put on the celebration due to budgets and whatever but this year, I felt good and went! Just as I expected, I ran into a few people that I hadn't seen in years and the looks on their faces were more of "Wow! You haven't changed a bit!". I know, it's only been 5 years, but you should have seen some of them. OUCH. Lol just kidding. But really. I can't wait to go again next year and totally shock their socks off!

I did manage to make it back to the gym a few times. I couldn't hang like I could before surgery. Instead of 35 minutes on both the treadmill and the bike, I could only do about 25 minutes combined. It was kinda discouraging but I know I'll eventually work my way back up to and beyond where I was before surgery.

The numbers!
I knew that since I started adding more food to my diet that my weight loss would slow down a little and I also knew that I was at the wide mouth of my 3-week stall. I was honestly expecting my weight loss to stop. I'm happy to report that it didn't! The scale went down 2.5lbs since last week. 2.5lbs is kinda weak sauce but I'll take it over a halt in weight loss any day! I'm not taking my measurements until this Thursday which will be exactly 1 month from the last time I measured myself. I'm eager to see how those numbers have changed. So I'm down 26.5lbs since surgery and 46.5lbs since my highest weight in April of this year. Yayy!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Submit "Where has the time gone?!" to Digg Submit "Where has the time gone?!" to del.icio.us Submit "Where has the time gone?!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Where has the time gone?!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow your doing great and have a great attitude towards your new lifestyle. As far as the nausea goes I find that if I don't get enough potassium and stay hydrated that I feel the nausea and lightheaded come on . Try drinking a powerade zero or Gatorade g2 low calorie and see if that helps !
    Your doing good- keep up the good energy!
    I might actually go to my homecoming next year, ours is june. I ususally avoid Oklahoma all together in June, just to avoid being asked if I am going to go. But if I am at 200 or less, Im going
    Your doing amazing. Keep of the good work.

Rose
    Glad your well. I still get nausea at almost 2 1/2 months but only from my shake...I've never gotten sick but there have been a few close calls. I can't wait until I can get all my protein in without them. GROSS!!
    You mention Oklahoma a lot, speedracer, so I'm assuming you have some kind of roots here.. Were you raised here? Or lived here for a while? I've been here my whole entire life.
    So glad you're doing well. As far as nausea, I had it also, my doctor gave me a script and that took care of the problem for good. Best of luck to you.

Best Wishes,
    Rose
    So sorry to hear about your nausea. I'm 8 weeks or and I'm so lead to eat 4 oz at meals but i can only usually eat 2 oz. Don't worry about the amt you can eat. You're doing great.
    Congrats, u r doin great
    Congrats your doing great