Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

goldengal

old and flabby!

Rate this Entry
First I am thrilled to say that today is 60 days since surgery. Overall I am happy with my weight loss, of course who wouldn't want to lose a little faster? I see everyone's before and after and they look so crazy amazing!!!! Why do I see a face that looks much thinner and OLDER looking back at me and a body that looks much better in clothes but kinda melted naked. Am I the only one who looks in the mirror and still say yuck? I am not at goal but I swear my face is gonna look like a prune by that time. If I start losing my hair to boot it is going to be BAD. How do I embrace the weight loss and not get fixated on the looking older and everything getting longer on my body? I don't mean my legs more like my boobs and but HEE

Submit "old and flabby!" to Digg Submit "old and flabby!" to del.icio.us Submit "old and flabby!" to StumbleUpon Submit "old and flabby!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've been worrying about my face "sagging" and my neck too. I'm using a lot of good moisturizers and I'm getting my massage once a month or so and she's working with my skin a little to help with the sagging. Will it help? maybe not....but it sure feels good! lol I have always looked 10-15 years younger than my age, so it's going to be a rude awakening when I get where I want to and I've suddenly "aged". good luck!
    Have you been exercising? Exercising works for the entire body. Maybe it can help with the neck skin. Just give it a try.
    I am worried about the face too.LOL me and my best friend always say when a perosn loses alot of weight they look older but i have seen alot of before & afters and they look fine....Good luck....you will look fine!
    I think you need to give yourself a break. You are beautiful! You have changed your life by having this surgery and now your body has to catch up. Over time your body will shift and fill out one area, smooth out another.
    You know hon, I can relate to what you're saying..I have lost 100 pounds and can feel the difference. But when I look at myself I still see the fat girl and I hope eventually I will feel different later on. They say sometimes your brain has trouble catching up with your weight. That could very well be true.
    yes I also look in the mirror and see the fat girl with crows feet around the eyes. I keep thinking 20 more pounds and I wont feel like the fat girl anymore. But I am not so sure. The compliments I am getting are kind of embarrassing people stare and tell me how wonderful I look all the time. I get the I just can't believe how drop dead gorgeous you are or how its amazing I look like a new person, people I know well walk right by me and I know its because they don't recognize me. I think "really" I knew I looked bad but do you have to rub it in. I will never do that to anyone by the way . For the most part I feel really good with the changes but I still feel like I will only ever see the ugly duckling in the mirror.
    I'm in the same boat lol. The fat had been pumping out the wrinkles and my Double chin is becoming baggy ha ha. I have read it takes a while but the skin will go back, though not always completely. I would rather look better in my clothes only my hubbie sees me without lol. Joking apart to be healthy and eating healthy will hopefully pay off in how we look. I have gone from never looking in the mirror to studying myself, that may be why we become more critical. Sure all will be fine! I have a good friend who looks fantastic 8 months out she has just hit 50 and her skin has gone back great. Fingers crossed for us :-)
    Yep happening to me also, plus it have bottom flop! My arse has disappeared and my bottom now sits on the top part of my leg. I'm waiting until I finish losing and then I'm going to check out some me time with a cosmetic dermatologist. I'd rather be thin and wrinkly any day.
    I am 63 years old, and lost 145 lbs. in a year 1/2. I have been maintaining, and often look at the flabby skin on the top of my thighs (inner). I've looked into plastic surgery, way too expensive for me, and I feel that at my age recuperation wouldn't be as easy as I'd like. One plastic surgeon told me, "I"m not a good candidate becasuse my skin isn't "hanging" low enough to worry." Go figure, yet when I run I can hear a noise that turns out to be my flab smacking around sometimes. However, I do exercise and am pleasantly surprised at the results. I have learned to "embrace" my sags, flabs, and floppiness. I like it better than the extra poundage I carried around. I think everyone has to do what's best for them, and as for the crow's feet; there was a point when I thought I looked gaunt, but things settled in. Continued success to everyone on this awesome journey
    Oil of Olay is my friend now! I am 3 months out and it has just been in the past couple of weeks that I lost that hollow eyed, wrinkled look. My doc told me it takes 18 months for your body to catch up to your weight loss. I also think that I have just now been getting enough hydration and that has helped too. Good luck!
    ugh, I just wrote kind of the same thing. You look great in your picture. I think you are younger then me. I am a little disgusted right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyinwaiting
    ugh, I just wrote kind of the same thing. You look great in your picture. I think you are younger then me. I am a little disgusted right now.
    Oh of course I am going to post a great picture HEE that was me a year ago and I was not that heavy but I gained around 30 lbs so had about 50 lbs total to lose, still have 13 ish to go. All the shadows in this picture helps! Have to embrace what I can't afford to change HEE I am going to be 44 in November!!