Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Harley Granny

I survived vacation!

Rate this Entry
Man am I tired!

We flew out to Seattle last Friday to spend time with my son and his family. We were so busy trying to keep up with the two pretty little girls. I definitely got my exercise in! I loved being able to keep up with them.

We stayed until Wednesday then we headed to a family wedding in Illinois.

We got home late yesterday afternoon and now I'm trying to find the top of my desk.

I guess I'm proof the you CAN travel and still lose! I lost 5 lbs while I was gone.

I probably could have done a couple more but Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Frappachinos came out and well....I'm weak!...I did order it lite tho so I saved a few calories. I'm sure I worked most of them off traveling thru the airports from gate to gate. (humor me will ya? lol )

In my carry-on I packed protein bars and individual packs of Unjury protein powders (strawberry and unflavored) and Crystal lite. I made sure I got each one of those a day. On the busier days I had two drinks just to be sure I got my protein and liquids in. Saved $$ too!
Each day flying...I took my 20 oz bottle with me....empty thru security with no problems. Once inside I mixed a protein drink using water fountains and every vendor I asked for ice were more than willing to let me fill up the cup.
I was able to order appetizers at each restaurant...filled me up and saved me $$.
Regular days....Those from the midwest (Illinois) understand tenderloin sandwiches....I cannot go home and not have one. Well I had one....and got three meals out of it. I had pizza at my favorite pizza place....it's cut into squares and I got two and a half squares. (My brother happily finished it off )
I would order unsweetend ice tea and requested a to-go cup to save it for later. A couple odd looks but never denied.

Again making sure I got at least ONE protein shake each day. Again some days I drank two just to be sure. All my vitamins were sorted out day by day in one of those pill organizers.

I even went shopping for new Chicago Bears shirts (cheaper up there) and bought a couple two sizes smaller just so I had some on hand! It was fun. (and my beloved Bears won on Sunday!)

I got a lot of nice compliments on how I looked...no one mentioned the weight exactly but you could tell that they were trying to figure out what was different. My family is made up of very big people so weight gain or loss is never really talked about.

I got a picture taken with my siblings and I didn't try any of the "hide how big I am poses". Once home I'll post it here.

The most important thing is this....I did not feel inconvenienced by the sleeve, I didn't feel awkward eating with others nor from ordering out. You just eat what you can and don't worry about it.
I also fit in the plane seats!!!!! A couple of the seat belts were still snug but they closed!

So don't give up.....it can be done...just accept the new normal!

Submit "I survived vacation!" to Digg Submit "I survived vacation!" to del.icio.us Submit "I survived vacation!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I survived vacation!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Fantastic post, so happy for you!!
    Wonderful post. I'm so happy that you had such a great time!
    I was shy of 3 months and did a 10 day vacation in the Caribbean...I lost 4 pounds..was on stall when left...then I did a 3 week trip to PEI, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador lost 5 pounds I'm going in a few weeks to the Cayman Islands..just hubby and I...love travel with the sleeve..no more extenders and I can put the tray down...and the bonus is I do not swell anymore...use to be crippling...now ppl try to keep up with me!
    Glad you had a nice trip! It's so encouraging to hear you found traveling easy to do post sleeve and even lost weight! Way to go! I cant wait to go somewhere fun!
    Nice story...very inspirational for all of us. Thank you.
    Glad you had a great time and came home with a weight loss !!!!