Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Grace

Weight watchers - back on track

Rate this Entry
Hi
I'm slowly feeling a bit more healed from my gastritis. I'm avoiding any food with high nickel until we figure this thing out, testing happening in about a month for nickel and titanium allergy; and also following the fodmap diet.

But on my way to this more peaceful place I regained some weight, couldn't eat protein hardly at all but dang it ice cream went down fine...sigh. So even though I ate about 1400 cal a day, good old glucose intolerance meant I gained. No excuses anymore. Protein is going down if I'm careful, so time to get back on track to drop to where I want to be.

So, I'm using weight watchers again, as I did before surgery.
It took a while to get past the depression of not being able to lose quickly like just after the sleeve and my outright indignation at ever having to "diet" again but you know what, it is what it is.

Got just plain sick of counting protein grams and doing my fitness pal, etc.
This way I just count my points, and eat the foods I know don't hurt my gastritis and I'm down 3 lbs the first week...for the first time in 9 mo.
I'm using the sleeve as a tool still. I get full faster and that's helpful so my points get spread out pretty well during the day allowing for me being able to eat every couple hours for my hypoglycemia.
Anyway, just wanted to say I'm over there if anyone else is. I'm NK1959 and if you search groups for gastric sleeve there's just the one group so if there's anyone here farther out like me who wants to share some support in keeping on track and dropping the last pounds, I'm happy to be there with you.
Hope all are well.

Submit "Weight watchers - back on track" to Digg Submit "Weight watchers - back on track" to del.icio.us Submit "Weight watchers - back on track" to StumbleUpon Submit "Weight watchers - back on track" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Grace! So happy to hear from you again!! I'm so sorry things aren't going as you had planned, but I'm happy to see that things are starting to come around for you again. We're still here pulling for you! (((HUGS)))
    Glad to hear you're feeling a little better! Congrats on the new weight loss and peace! Keep us posted on your testing. wishing you all the best as your health improves!
    Great to hear you are doing better and that you have found a locution that works for you.
    Wishing you the best
    Hiya Grace. Glad to hear you're finding a way to feel a bit more in control again, after all you've been through. Good and healing thoughts coming your way from Blighty.
    Glad you're feeling a little bit better!
    I am very happy to see that you have found a solution to your situation and 3 pounds!! Great job!! I hope WW is very successful for you and Lifetime is in your future!!