Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

EGV-Actor

1 Month Post Surgery update.

Rate this Entry
I am great. This update is after one month of been sleeved. I went on surgery on July 29 2013. I got into the Hospital 4 days after surgery I left the hospital. I have done great. (FYI. Do take gas x and pop it as soon as they tell you can walk. I did not bring it and I regret it). That was one of the most uncomfortable that I had so far. I will said the worst thing was the liquid post op for the test. In this past 30 days I had some back pain it was so weird and comfortable now it comes and go it is not as bad as before.

OK I stop my pain killer 7 days after surgery I will not be drug and without full power of my intellect. I take two pills daily of Vitamins given by my DR. One pill for the stomach. Plus I take Vitamin D once a week. I added to that Biotin & Vitamin B12. There it goes all the pill I take. I never crush any pills I always swallowed them.

Food Intake I went for three weeks with my liquid diet. I DID NOT FOLLOW MY DR ORDER. He wanted me for four week just with liquid I on the third week started pureed. I will go with pureed for a whole of five weeks so I will start real food next month. Now a Question what is real food because I pureed everything. My fish Pureed, My Chicken Pureed, My egg salad Pureed, Sweet Yam Pureed, Sweet Plantain Pureed, On Sabbath Bread chew it until I pureed. To me all that is real food. Any suggestion on pureed food will highly appreciated. Water intake is Very good. Protein intake Good mainly from Fish, Egg, Yogurt, Chicken, sometimes from protein powder.

Weight lost. I started my journey at 242LBS that is when my DR refer me to Gastric Surgery. when I went to see the DR from Gastric Surgery at Bellevue Hospital I was at 232. I Started my liquid Diet at 226Lbs. was 217Lbs on the date of Surgery and today One moth after surgery I am 186Lbs. 56Lbs since the date I decided to go trough this journey. 31Lbs in one months after surgery. Will I do this again. Oh Yes.

How do I feel like I felt when I was back in college I feel younger. I have the power over food and over many other things in my life. People are noticing me now in a different way & I don't mean my friends and family I mean just people every where checking me out, I Love it.

My DR Appointment it is not until September 9 so I will asked any question or concern about my exercising, My Diet, My everything. Guys thanks for reading. Any question Feel free to ask for those of you who has not gone through yours surgery yet. and for those of you who did any advice on Pureed food, On other way of in taking protein please let me know. Again Thank you very much.

EGV.

Submit "1 Month Post Surgery update." to Digg Submit "1 Month Post Surgery update." to del.icio.us Submit "1 Month Post Surgery update." to StumbleUpon Submit "1 Month Post Surgery update." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

meatballs with homemade sauce were my lifesaver when I was on the pureed stage. I would season the meatballs with garlic and onion powder instead of fresh garlic and onion so that it would be easier to smash up the meatball with my fork. I made 2 oz meatballs and had them throughout the week.
    Very helpful!!! Thanks!!
    You're doing great!! I didn't have to do pureed stage. My doc said I could go right to soft food. Keep up the good work.
    I loved black refried beans with some cheese and a dolop of greek yogurt for some added protein. Yum yum!