Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

goldengal

Only 3 weeks out and weight not budging!

Rate this Entry
I lost around 13 lbs my first 2 1/2 weeks and now I am stuck on the same weight the last 5 days. Isn't it a bit soon for a stall? Walking almost everday
not getting many calories in, still on liquids and applesauce consistency foods.
I could try and increase liquids. Anyone else experience this so soon in the journey? I had a BMI of 29 on surgery day. Gained 7 lbs fluid weight from surgery so lost that plus the 13 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks, but nothing for 5 days.... I haven't freaked out yet, but feel like is that all my body is going to lose after such an extreme measure as gastric sleeve surgery? I am working on getting protein in, but the shakes are starting to gross me out. Having a little greek plain yogurt, canned chicken maybe 2 oz, a bite or two of cottage cheese, maybe a sugar free pudding with added prot powder. I am not really enjoying what I am eating and the smell of most foods really gets to me, so I am really trying to figure it out. Any suggestions would be great. I started out with about 50 to lose so maybe that is just normal? I am 30 lbs from my goal weight so I am not complaining just want to know why I am stalling soo soon.

Submit "Only 3 weeks out and weight not budging!" to Digg Submit "Only 3 weeks out and weight not budging!" to del.icio.us Submit "Only 3 weeks out and weight not budging!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Only 3 weeks out and weight not budging!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It's the 3 week stall. Put that in the search bar near the top of the page and you'll see you're not alone. Good luck.
    I had a terrible stall for 2 weeks between 2nd week and 4 weeks post op. I thought I was doomed. Today at 4 weeks and 1 day ost op I finally have a 5 lb. drop. I did have my 3 small meals for a few days and I am trying to increase fluids too. Maybe I will get used to a 2 lb p/week loss. I am trying to get to a place where I can start a good cardio work out and get enough protein and water down. Hang in there, this too shall pass!
    I too had a stall from week 2 to week 4 and am happy to say that at 4 weeks and 2 days post op I am again losing and am down 32 pounds since surgery. I too was a little freaked out, but thanks to all the info on the site managed to keep calm and carry on! This too shall pass...and your journey will continue! Check your measurements as you are probably still losing inches.
    Weigh once a week and save yourself the unnecessary stress!!!!
    Good luck
    I'm dealing with the same thing. I'm 3 weeks postop and for the past few days I gained 1 pound and sitting at that weight. I was 199 before surgery, 198 after surgery, now I am 189 after 3 weeks. Im feeling so frustrated. I barely eat. Just tired of the same ole things. Still on liquids. Just hope that I had enough stomach removed to lose weight. Worried!!!
    My surgeon, NP and nutritionist say that we are more likely to have slower weight loss from weeks 3-6, so don't worry girls! Keep doing what you are doing! And remember, if you're not dropping the pounds, you could be dropping inches!
    Listen to most of these comments, they are right, when you're not losing weight you're losing inches. Thats what happened to me, everyone should take their measurments to see for themselves.
    I am totally with you guys! I went into the surgery telling myself not to expect to much to soon. Still, when we are taking in so little, especially compared to pre-surgery, it is hard to believe that the pounds aren't falling off! That said, our bodies are in shock, healing and possibly going in to starvation mode. That is what I have to remind myself multiple times a day. I obsess way to much! I was happy to come across this post because it helps remind me that I am not alone. No one around me understands. Thanks Guys! You all rock
    Thanks for all the input, it helps to know that a stall this early is somewhat normal, and not to stress about it. You all are amazing support!