Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

~Fawn

Saving my post to: No way, I can not give up Margaritas!

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by ~Fawn View Post
Here is my deal...
I died and came back 3 times with this surgery. I was in a coma for 3 weeks, then sent to a rehab for 5 weeks. a week from being home was re hospitalized with pneumonia....From that point until mid April (Surgery was 11/27 /12) I was on Oxygen and homebound and bedridden. I didnt have any help at home or boyfriend, husband...friends stopping to help out... I have not even seen or heard from my surgeon or his office for anything, even after I call with a question...sooooooooooooooo

All that being said, the one thing I have learned through all of this, is to appreciate the good things in life and not take anything for granted. I EAT. I DRINK. I LOVE. I LIVE. I do not allow a book to tell me how my body will handle things, because that book certainly didnt tell me I was gunna die and be alone and miserable trying to fight for my life for months on end.

I eat my chocolate in moderation, I drink Chambord, vodka lemonade, and Malibu in moderation because I can. I can find SF mixes for them (they are out there, I found them), I eat pizza with a thin crust so what? If we lie a completely carb free life... we risk ketoacidosis if you are type 1 diabetic.

If there is some one asking a legit question, and THEY know what THEIR body can handle, let them try, what is the worse they can do? Get sick? Then they can blame themselves. We are learning a new way of life, what works for me may not work for you or you or you; but may work for Jane schmoe. Lighten up and be supportive. Watch the tones you use when someone asks something YOU dont agree with.

Ok my banter over. I have never bantered in here before but this is silly for the bashing this gal has gotten over something WE ALL KNOW are docs dont agree on for a time table...just think about why they dont all say the same thing for a minute, why? Hmmm, could it be because each of us are different and our bodies will deal with different things differently? I think that is quite possible, but what do I know? I have only been sleeved 8 months, done 6 years of research---this same procedure has actually been around for 60 + years for ulcer patients; have lost over 160 pounds surpassed my docs goal weight by 15 pounds to date and am still losing...so what do I know.

peace brother and sister sleevers

Submit "Saving my post to: No way, I can not give up Margaritas!" to Digg Submit "Saving my post to: No way, I can not give up Margaritas!" to del.icio.us Submit "Saving my post to: No way, I can not give up Margaritas!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saving my post to: No way, I can not give up Margaritas!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I guess some have to learn on their own? I prefer to learn by others mistakes-

I had a drink, (not sure if you follow my blog) and it damn near ruined my week LOL

Vomit, migraine, fainting- it was NO GOOD. If someone wasn't there with me, I would have choked to death Im pretty sure-

Then, it happened again around July 4th, this time, instead of vomiting ONCE, I vomited 11 times. I don't wish that on anyone-

LEARN FROM ME = )

Best of luck everyone-
    Amazing story and amazing weight loss......and by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!
    Well said. I applaud you for your honestly and zeal for life. I also am 8 mths out, but I endured none of your hardships. I thank God for you and a pray he will continue to bless you. I had 2 drinks yesterday, and I still list 2 pounds over the weekend. My weigh loss is slow because I enjoy life and food. I was able to eat everything 2 weeks after surgery and I did. Thanks for the great post and I would like to be your friend.
    What doesn't break us makes us stronger. Very hard journey but I am glad you came out strong and ready to enjoy life. You are right even with this surgery we are all different I for one can tolerate almost anything. Pina colada on the rocks was what got me really hard. I don't know if it was the sugar or the alcohol but that the only thing that I have had issues with. I am 5 months out but I do know it is a tool for me and I have to keep working on the decisions I make without being miserable. Enjoy life it is too short you will know your limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterscott
    Well said.... I would like to be your friend.

we can surly be friends!!!! I need friends, I keep ticken' them off with my honesty! just kidding!
    Quote Originally Posted by march13
    What doesn't break us ... Pina colada on the rocks was what got me really hard. I don't know if it was the sugar or the alcohol but that the only thing that I have had issues with..... Enjoy life it is too short you will know your limits.
    Skinny Girl has a pina colada that is yuuuuummmmmy. No sugar. You control the alcohol... worth a try!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedracer
    I guess some have to learn on their own? I prefer to learn by others mistakes-....(not sure if you follow my blog)...LEARN FROM ME = )

Best of luck everyone-
    Hi Speed racer, yes I read you...and your blog..lol

We all could do a little more learning from each other instead of thinking 'i know it all, and you must listen' attitudes.