Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Cindola

Happiness -- it is all relative!

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Cindola View Post
This past spring when my weight loss was slower than a snail or slug in the winter a wise friend asked me, "Would you be happy if you didn't lose another pound?" I had to ponder my answer for about 5 seconds and my answer was "YES!" While I wasn't really dropping pounds, I was having many NSV's -- muscle gain (from exercise), increased stamina, smaller bra and clothes. But, most important was my outlook and general well being -- my blood pressure is way down and my meds for that cut in half plus, I just feel better every day! This long holiday weekend has been another time of reflection . . . I have acheived 69% of my weight loss goal and 23% of my total body weight -- I am right on track!!!! Yes, others have have lost more in the same amount of time - but I am losing at a rate that is right for me, no flappy skin that may need to be removed, yeah! When I look back over the past 8 months, or even the two years prior, I have accomplished a amazing feat - I've lost 49 pounds that aren't going to come back and I've regained my health!!!! Yes, I am a smaller size and I can wear what many think of as larger sizes (top designers), but I am happy in my size 12's for right now and looking forward to other smaller sizes over time and time is now my friend not my enemy! For those of you who are starting out, when you hit that STALL that lasts forever or the pounds slow to ounces -- keep the faith and ask yourself: "Would you be happy if you didn't lose another pound?"

Submit "Happiness -- it is all relative!" to Digg Submit "Happiness -- it is all relative!" to del.icio.us Submit "Happiness -- it is all relative!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Happiness -- it is all relative!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great post ... Your attitude is refreshing!!!

Yes, I would be happy (although not delighted) for the same reasons.
    I am off all meds, can run without icing my knee for hours and maintain a healthy lifestyle eating small nutritious meals.
    Wise words! I am happy with me now. I still want to loose more pounds, my weight loss has come to a snail's crawl. Just the same,the NSVs just keep on coming. The cute flag tee that I bought to wear with my darling jeans mini skirt was too big to wear and I bought it two weeks ago. Now it is a sleep shirt... My weight may be coming off slowly now, but I don't have saggy baggy or flappy skin. I am all over that! Every day I get out of bed feeling great and knowing I am so much healthier. I look at myself in the mirror and smile!
    Me too. I have been lucky and I have hit goal, but I'm proud that I didn't have my eye on a particular number to define my happiness. It was one of the reasons I didn't reward myself for hitting particular milestones/goals - I just enjoyed doing the things I had been missing out as I could (going skiing, playing netball, wearing clothes in my wardrobe that I'd been unable to fit into for years etc). Of course I'm thrilled to now be in the healthy weight range, but I've been living life the way I wanted to for months and that's what I wanted from the sleeve, not a magic number on a scale.