Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

twinmom93

restarting the journey

Rate this Entry
restarting this because I have been I have been on many roller coaster diets. weight up, weight down weight back up.... diet pills, not eating, watching and recording everything that i put in my mouth, watching the ever famous infomercials about how this person and that person has lost 100lbs and "so can you".
I made the decision - gastric surgery!!! i did alot of research and i still am and on June 16th I watched my online seminar. i contacted the surgeons office the next day amd submitted my application. july 2 i went for initial consult. they were so nice and friendly. being an extremely obese (per BMI) person i didnt expect the kindness they showed me. i know its going to be tough, plus i need to quit smoking. but im ready for this. im ready to begin this chapter

Submit "restarting the journey" to Digg Submit "restarting the journey" to del.icio.us Submit "restarting the journey" to StumbleUpon Submit "restarting the journey" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have not had surgery but have started my "journey". It is a long process but I think it will be worth it. Waiting for test results then insurance approval. Good luck and don't give up on the process. I
    way to go
    I'm in thw process just waiting for my surgeon appointment. Good luck to you.
    I quit smoking several months ago in order to prepare. You can do this! Everyone here will support you! Best Wishes!
    just curious, did any of the surgical consults speak about the diet changes? I still see many struggling because they have the surgery but their doc never gave them guidance about diet. I found reading about a ketogenic diet most helpful and it's the one thing I always fall back on when I seem to be at a stall or want to get the scale moving again. You can also get 'ketostix' to show you how effectively you're body is burning the fat. Best of luck with your journeys!
    At my doctors office they see you then have you see the nutritionist and psych eval and decide what other tests they may need. It's my guess they explain the food etc at that point. But you can get info on that from others here as well.