Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Msjuls

Three Weeks Post-op Check In

Rate this Entry
Three weeks and 1 day since I had the surgery that is changing my life. It feels like it's been so much longer since so much has changed! I had my surgery follow-up today and the Dr. is thrilled with my progress. 24 pounds lost and my BMI is down from 44 to 39. My incisions have healed nicely despite the nasty allergic reaction I had to the surgical strips. I can now get in the pool - hurray!

I feel good, I have moved on to soft foods and I'm learning how much my sleeve can tolerate. No nausea or vomiting at all! And I'll tell you, cottage cheese, cantaloupe, mashed potatoes and green beans have never tasted so wonderful!!

My views on food are changing. I am starting to see it and think of it in terms of fuel instead of pleasure or entertainment. Not being constantly hungry or having those overwhelming crazings is helping a lot in that regard!

My views on exercise are changing. I've never liked it and am mystified by professional athletes. I can't say that I like it now, but by gosh, I am walking 20 minutes every evening when it cools down to 95 degrees (Texas summers = HOT). I don't allow myself any excuses for not walking and I'm excited to see how long it takes me to not be totally exhausted at the end of 20 minutes. Then we'll push for 30 minutes.

So today I feel really good about this decision to improve my health and live my life to the fullest.

Submit "Three Weeks Post-op Check In" to Digg Submit "Three Weeks Post-op Check In" to del.icio.us Submit "Three Weeks Post-op Check In" to StumbleUpon Submit "Three Weeks Post-op Check In" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This is good news! You're doing it! I'm always curious to hear the 3rd week after surgery updates because I'm going to the beach for 3 days in August-- exactly 19 days after my surgery. I had hoped to schedule my surgery 4 weeks before this mini vacation but it was impossible. I'm having the surgery July 22 and going to the beach on August 11. Anyway, it's reassuring to hear when someone is feeling as well as you are at this point! I wish the best of luck and continued success...keep on walking!
    Omg! So proud of you. As someone who is about to go through this life changing experience, I love to hear this good news. Hearing this makes me so excited to change my life.
    That's such great news; on all counts! My onemonthaversary is tomorrow, and I've been so lucky, like you, to have a great experience. I agree so much with you about how our views re: food are changing. I love not being obsessed with "what am I going to eat when I go to (fill in the blank, dinner with friends, vacation, etc.). I hated that food always seemed to be what I thought/stressed about most instead of focusing on the event. Now it's not an issue. I've been out to dinner and lunch with my hubby, and my girlfriends on several occasions, and food is no longer the issue. I'll have a little bit of soup, and be able to focus on the visiting so much more than I ever have. I, too, am sooooo happy!
    Great to hear what the next stage is.. I only had my surgery Monday. I bet it is wonderful to taste food again. Looking forward to that stage of my journey. Fortunately I don't feel hungry at all. Good luck with everything
    Hev
    That is so great to hear. I havent had surgery yet and I was very scared about it, but reading everyones post on here is making me more excited and less afraid. Thank you
    I'm 24 days and doing well too. I'm sticking to cottage cheese, eggs and the like. I've lost 27 pounds so far but have hit the dreaded 3 week stall. Only one pound this week but that's okay because I know my body needs to catch up to what all it's been through. I already appreciate the difference 27 pounds has made in my life - clothes are fitting better and energy is up.
    Good to hear
    awesome to hear! I hope to get sleeved in the next month or two. congrats and keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by linnegal
    I'm 24 days and doing well too. I'm sticking to cottage cheese, eggs and the like. I've lost 27 pounds so far but have hit the dreaded 3 week stall. Only one pound this week but that's okay because I know my body needs to catch up to what all it's been through. I already appreciate the difference 27 pounds has made in my life - clothes are fitting better and energy is up.
    Yes I was at my first dreaded stall at week 2 and it lasted about a week. Now I'm losing weight again (yay!). And you're right, I'm also enjoying how much looser my clothes are and can't wait until they're just swallowing me up!

Good luck to you and keep on with the good work!