Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Justwander

getting smaller

Rate this Entry
Today, a few different guys held the door open for me and many people looked me in the eye. I believe this is because I am no longer obese. It's really strange. I feel seen for the first time in a long time. I also want to yell each time for them to go find someone overweight and hold the door open for them!

Submit "getting smaller" to Digg Submit "getting smaller" to del.icio.us Submit "getting smaller" to StumbleUpon Submit "getting smaller" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hmmmm... I'm very overweight and still waiting on surgery. I don't know if it's a Southern town thing, but I've never had a problem with men or others holding a door for me or looking at me in passing and smiling and saying hello. Some of the times I smile and say hello first, but I always get a postive response. Not saying the everyone in my geographic region has the same experience, as I've heard of others feeling this "difference" after weight loss. Guess I'm just lucky to have not experienced the "dissing" myself.............. hold your head high and prance right through those doors!!!
    Interesting isn't it ????? I have had guys who would normally not even look at me actually strike up a conversation. I'm not too nice to them though. I just say hello and move on. I figure if they couldn't talk to me when I was fat, there is no way I am going to let them talk to me now! Their loss!
    perhaps I should move down south for some constant hospitality.
    These guys learnes it from me lol.
    I have never had a problem big or thin. Sometimes it may be that we are feeling negative about ourselves and people pick up on that. Now you are thinner you have a more possitive attitude about you. So pass it on and if you see a larger person (male or female) being passed over by others be sure to give them a big inclusive smile.