Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Gayle

Woo Hoo!!! My Surgiversary is Today and What a Change for the Better!!!!

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
One year ago I was sleeved. It has been a journey of discovery and miracles. It has been tough. I still fight myself everyday.
BUT -- I have gone from a BMI of 39.8 from 3 years ago to a BMI today of 22.4.
I have gone from a 3X and size 22 pants to a size small or medium top and a size 6 pants.
I have gone from my all time high of 238 to 130.6 as of this morning.
I have gotten off my butt and now swim almost daily 1.25 miles.
Most importantly, I have gone from a rapidly deteriorating and uncontrolled diabetes on all kinds of medicines (including 2 types of insulin) to NO diabetes medicine at ALL. I have gone from terrible triglycerides, uncontrolled with medicines, to perfectly normal (if not pretty low) numbers.
My waist was once 53 inches around. Now it is 34 (a LOT of skin there that will need surgery to make a difference).
My hips were once 52 inches. Now they are 35.
My neck is even down almost 4 inches, making my previous apnea MUCH better. No more snoring!
I used to be shocked by my appearance in a mirror and avoid it at all costs. Now I look at myself and analyze -- trying to get used to what other people see. You see, everyone says that I am "tiny." Tiny? Me? No way!!!
But I have collar bones and ribs, muscles and veins that stand out on my arms. My legs are so skinny that skinny jeans are loose on them.
I have more energy. I have more endurance. My resting heart rate is down from 90 to about 57. No huffing and puffing up the stairs or a hill (even though I smoke -- :/ ).
In sum, I had the sleeve solely for the diabetes. I ended up with so many more changes than I thought possible.
That is my journey so far. I wish everyone their own wondrous and miraculous journey. God Bless and keep you as you go along.
Hugs!!!
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gayle on Anna's 22nd Birthday.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	12365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mother and Daughter cuteness.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	12366Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Me.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	12367

Submit "Woo Hoo!!!  My Surgiversary is Today and What a Change for the Better!!!!" to Digg Submit "Woo Hoo!!!  My Surgiversary is Today and What a Change for the Better!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Woo Hoo!!!  My Surgiversary is Today and What a Change for the Better!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Woo Hoo!!!  My Surgiversary is Today and What a Change for the Better!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Amazing transformation! Congrats on regaining your health!
    You look wonderful! So happy for you! Great job.
    Gayle - you are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!!!
    Totally amazing! Yesterday was my 7 week post surgery day. I began at 200ish, now I'm around 190-192. Still quite a ways to go, buy hey, I'll get there. My dad is a type 2 diabetic, and has had a kidney transplant. He is in super great shape except for that.... but I don't want to go down the dreaded diabetes road that he's been down... One of my major reasons for the surgery also. Looks like you have a very proud daughter! Congrats on all your successes, keep up the great work!
    Congratulations!!! You are an inspiration to those of us who are newly sleeved! Keep up the great work!!!
    Thank you for posting! Today I am 24 days post-op and I struggle with my thoughts of "did I do the right thing?" Oh my head knows I did but sometimes I wonder if I can manage all the changes that I need to make, to make this all work out. I DO NOT want to go back to being obese. That I know and I know the road is going to be a long one and a life altering one. . .just somedays it is so scary!!!

Your post just reminds me that everyone has those same thoughts in different degrees - and everyone makes the journey - which means I can too.

Thanks for the amazing and motivational words!!

B
    What a wonderful success story!! AMAZING what cutting out 80% of your stomach can do. LOL You ROCK that sleeve!!
    Congrats and thanks for sharing your journey and success!!!!!! That is what this is REALLY all about YOUR HEALTH!!!!!! And the weight loss ain't bad either!!!!! Lol
    That is truly wonderful! Congratulations and keep enjoying that new lease on life!