Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KarenS

Newly Sleeved people - PLEEZE step OFF the scale !

Rate this Entry
Please dont spend your energy worrying over those decimals..... Do what your professionals advise, stay the course, and it will come. Some of us are slower.... I am two months post op today, I weighed for this occasion and I have lost 38 pounds(including pre-op), BUT wait ... 9 inches from my waist!! woop woop! I will take that over the scale any day of the week.

Remember, your body has been through a lot, it will let YOU know when it is ready to move those numbers, but dont get discouraged. I wish everyone a successful journey.

Submit "Newly Sleeved people - PLEEZE step OFF the scale !" to Digg Submit "Newly Sleeved people - PLEEZE step OFF the scale !" to del.icio.us Submit "Newly Sleeved people - PLEEZE step OFF the scale !" to StumbleUpon Submit "Newly Sleeved people - PLEEZE step OFF the scale !" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks my date is on the 24th of June
    Well said Karen .... Too many people stressing unnecessarily of late
    Thanks KarenS! I needed this lecture. I am 26 days post op and seems to be losing slow as well. I can tell I am losing inches in my clothes, so that's a good thing. So as long as I am feeling good and looking good, that's all that matters! Keep up the good work KarenS and thanks for the encouragement.
    I have to disagree - as I have posted before - I weigh daily to keep the scale from EVER going back up, I (we) all have had problems with the scale climbing because our eating was out of control. I give myself +/- 3lb of my avg weight. I know I can drop 3 lb with just a couple day's of changing my eating, but 10 lb becomes a struggle. Al Roaker wrote in his book that he too after having WLS and started regaining found that he has to weigh daily to keep his eating in check. For me this is one of my lifetime rules - Weighing Daily - not to focus on it going down, but to keep it from going up...
    I am a daily weigher as well. But I think there's absolutely no point at all in weighing daily in the first month or two post-surgery if you're a person who worries about the scale. It is simply not possible to eat enough calories to have to track your weight on the scales - unless you're melting and eating chocolate or cheese all day. In that case the scales aren't the problem - failing to follow your surgeon's advice is.

I don't have a problem with people weighing all the time because I did it as well, but I'm confused by people who keep posting that they don't understand why the scale hasn't moved for a week or whatever. Unless they aren't bothering to read any other posts, they MUST know about scale stalls.

At early stages in the first couple of months post-op, my main concerns were about ensuring my physical recovery from major surgery, and managing the post-op eating regime so as not to hurt my tender new tummy and to get used to a new way of eating and drinking. The scale move intermittently, but I never expected it to go down in a regular or particularly fast way.

If people think it's about the scales - they've missed the point. Particularly in the early stages, people need to focus on making the changes which will lead to weight loss. If they are doing that right, and with the restriction from the sleeve, it WILL happen.

The daily weighing for accountability that Lucy mentions makes sense later on once people are eating a full diet and experiencing less restriction.
    Lucy~ I dont disagree with your logic, you definitely have a great journey, my focus was to those folks who are only a few days from surgery who are upset over the lack of loss, when they are still swollen, etc... the"newly" sleeved who havent had any time to recover from surgery. We all have our own methods for our individual journey. I wish everyone only the best and much success, only my observation from reading numerous posts from folks who were sleeved so recently, and have lamented over their lack of progress when they cant even have food yet. I track everything going in, I wouldnt be on this forum If I hadnt had an issue with food. Like you I believe we have to have a method to keep us on track or we face a repeat of our past. Continues best wishes to everyone your journey !
    My scale is in my basement. It's not a convenient place to visit. In addition I keep it wrapped in a plastic garbage bag and again in a Macy's shopping bag. I allow myself to weigh once a month!
    Hi Karen, I appreciate what you wrote. I am only 3 days post-op and I weighed myself yesterday and I am up 12 lbs from Thursday morning surgery day. That really surprised me. I can only think it is all my swelling and my body holding on. Anyway, after it goes away and I am on a steady path. I think I will try and let it go except maybe once a week.