Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

frenchiebonsu

6 Months Out

Rate this Entry
I am 6 months out and I feel like a failure. I have only loss 43 pounds. I am speechless. I just feel as though I should've lost more weight by now. I refuse to give up and I am going to focus more. Wish me luck.

Submit "6 Months Out" to Digg Submit "6 Months Out" to del.icio.us Submit "6 Months Out" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 Months Out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What does your doctor say and nutritionist ? Maybe there is some hidden carbs somewhere and yay for the 43 pounds lost
    I'm 5 months out and down 37lbs.... I don't think you should feel like a failure 43lbs is awesome to lose in 6 months. It is recommended that people lose a max of 2 lbs a week and statistically you are more likely to maintain your weight loss long term. I am always happy for those fast losers and wish them the best but be careful not to compare your journey with theirs. You're doing awesome!
    U have lost more than me.. and i am six months aswell. do u work out? Anyway;our bodies pretty much will decide how fast it let u loose. trust me:i know how frustrating it is. i feel disapointed in my own loss. but we have to take a step back and take our time.
    Thats right it is our journey no one elses. Like my dr told me when in your life have you ever lost that in that amount of time? 43 pounds is great. I know I have had some panic to what if I dont loose it all. But just reevaluate your life style choices and dont forget about excersise. As little as we eat there is no way we wont loose!
    Thanks for the post...just what I needed to read.
    You are not alone...I feel the same way.
    I an so happy you had the guts to post your slow weight loss. THANKS. I too have lost slow and I was ashamed to admit that in 5 months I have only loss 53 pounds. Everyone else out 5 & 6 months have lost at least 75 pounds. Sometime I hate to read them, although I am happy for them. I try to stay confident and push on. Well, thats what this forum is all about. To uplift and encourage. Thanks again and thanks to all the caring people on this forum. Thank you.
    two months out and only lost 25 so I feel your pain though It would be at least 40 by now, I have got to get back to the basic I have fell off a little just came back from a vacation and ate really bad stuff.
    Just imagine, in 1 year it will be 86 pounds. Think about the long range. 86 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. You are doing just fine!
    It didn't come over night and for some of us it won't leave over night either! Slow and steady wins the race and this fight. I am only almost two weeks post op but I just went back to work and I think my coworkers were expecting a huge weight loss already but I'm ok especially after reading your post! I'm going to just keep chugging along. I will be grateful for 43 lbs in six months ... Celebrate every chance you get!
    Ok.. a bit of tough love.... but only you know what you are doing wrong. My problem is snacking... instead of sticking to the 3 meals a day which we are all taught. Those snacks all add up. Try writing a food diary, being 100% completely honest with yourself, and add up all the calories .. maybe use myfitnesspal or something like that. And I truly believe that exercise is the key - you cant leave all the weight loss down to food alone... you need to get your body moving, get a bit of sweat on and get your heart rate up to burn those calor
    I'm going with Sparker78 on this one. When I was about 5 months out I was only down 50 pounds. I would check some people's weightloss on this forum and they were losing at a much faster pace then I was. The first thing I did is change my diet, stopped eating pasta, potatoes and bread with my protein. I eat 3 meals a day, only protein, no carbs at all. I was walking 3 times a day, I went out and joined a gym. Started working out 7 days a week, sometimes twice a week. The weigh started coming out so fast that it scared me. You can do it, If you want it bad enough! Good luck to you!
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement and the tough love.