Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jessy81

really sad & lonely

Rate this Entry
This is completely irrelevant to the surgery but i just need to vent. i just got divorced 3 months ago & it's hitting me bit by bit how lonely i am feeling ..........i ended my marriage for so many reasons, most importantly i fell out of luv completely & began feeling like a housekeeper only......i had no private passionate life at all. Of course besides the abusive treatment i had always gotten from him. The thing is, since i live in Egypt & i'm a muslim woman, i can't date, can't have a boyfriend, can't live with someone unless he is my husband,......lots of restrictions & in the Middle East, being divorced means ur basically "an easy cheap lay"..........that means that even if a certain male expresses interest in you, he just wants to sleep with you........being a virgin here is a very big issue, so these kind of men never look for virgin girls, they look for divorced lonely women desperate for attention & love. It hurts beyound words to feel so cheap & used. i was married for 7 years & had known my ex for about 3 years before that......that means i spent my entire 20's with the wrong guy..........at 31 now, i already feel hopeless at finding someone else who can truly love me & give me what i need to love him back. I feel incredibly alone & depressed. This depression is negatively affecting my health esp. my eating habits..........i used to eat when i was sad, now i can't seem to get food down so easily. I either get stomach pains or i just have no appetite at all........ I hate not being able to stop tears & feeling so helpless, defeated & alone........also the fact that i can only "wait" for a "suitor" & not date people i think are good men is really suffocating. I'm sorry if i sound silly or vain, but i'm really really sad.

Submit "really sad & lonely" to Digg Submit "really sad & lonely" to del.icio.us Submit "really sad & lonely" to StumbleUpon Submit "really sad & lonely" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm sorry you're sad and lonely. I wish I knew a solution or the rights words to say but I'm sorry, I don't. Just have faith in knowing that you made a choice that was better then the sadness and loneliness of being in a bad marriage.
    I'm lost for words to make any impact on what you're feelimg -- love and heart matters can be very tricky. Only time and understanding can take care of that. My one word of advice would be to use this time to reflect and focus on YOU. Look inward and build your love and confidence for you. This will give you the most insight and allow you to know your true value and worth. And you'll be ready when the right one for you comes along. I wish you well.
    You poor thing. What do you do for a living? Is it something that is applicable in another place? If your life prospects are so unhappy, perhaps you could consider moving. I know that's easy to say and difficult and frightening to do, but you might want to consider relocating to a place where 31-year old women are not mistreated.

Perhaps you need to dramatically change your situation and location.
    Well Luke, i'm actually Canadian, so i can focus on re-locating there, a lot of my cousins & friends live in Canada & the States.......but this is a lonely scary thought to me......however i decided that if i remain single & unhappy here.....i might as well move there & at least live in a decent respectful environment...........i still have hope of falling in luv & getting married again here....it's just that Egypt is one of the hardest countries to live in as a young childless divorced woman. Oh & i'm an admin. in a university, but i'm working on my master's degree in accounting hoping to be an accountant one day. I really am trying..........it's just too hard to focus on anything while ur so sad.....
    Move back to either Canada or the States...finish your degree off here and start a new life...perfect time to make a change in your life and start fresh!!!

And may I suggest the New England region :-) We are very friendly and supportive around here :-D
    While I am obviously not a woman, I was raised by my mother and sister and I am very fortunate to have two daughters, so I try to stay up to date on women's issues and it breaks my heart to hear of your plight and I know there is no easy fix. I have actually spent some time in Egypt many years ago, so I know that is a very different place than what we are used to in the Americas. It is my understanding that the recent government changes have caused serious regression for women's rights. Regarding Canada, we visited my wife's brother and his family this summer, in the Calgary area of western Canada. Rugged, frontier type country with some cold winters, but the mountains are very beautiful, the employment prospects are good (he has to import foreign workers to work in the beef processing plants that he and his wife manage) and the ratio of men to women would definitely be in your favor there.
    Oh sweety! You certainly don't have to move. Focus on your school and not on your lack of a relationship (sounds like a healthy one is hard to achieve in your current situation.) Fine. Keep moving forward!

An accountant can work ANYWHERE. Consider your current day-to-day situation as an adventure where you are moving forward on a path to being an accountant, or working in finance. Accomplishing that will make you feel good about yourself and also give you more options in life! It's all about positioning yourself so you have available choices.

Life can be looked at as trying to have fun while constantly improving yourself. That leads to happiness and a sense of self-worth! Being with someone isn't guaranteed to make a sad person into a happy one. Be pleased in yourself, and if you can't be happy with yourself at this time, make changes in YOU...which is the only person in the world you can change.

When you are happy with yourself and your situation, people will be drawn TO you.

We're here for you. It's a long way, but we'll always have time to chat.

oh i know that i could move back to Canada & ask the Manpower to find any job for me....i'm not picky at all until i finish my degree.....but i've never been single in my life & although i've been working since i graduated, i've never learned to live independently.........the prospect of being alone 4ever is daunting to me.......plus all of my family & friends r here......but the idea of moving back to Kitchener, Waterloo (where i was born) is shining now....or Calgary.....the problem is i'm too depressed to think straight....all i feel like doing is sleeping........i'm trying not to give in to depression, but it's really hard........i'm so sorry if i sound too bratty or whiny.....this is a really overwhelming stage i'm in now......
    i know that i need to make myself happy first to draw the right ppl in my path........God knows i'm trying........it's just so hard sometimes.........
    You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be happy. I too married young and ended up being emotionally abused. By the time I divorced at 28, I had no friends and was 1500 miles from family. I made it home and one of my aunts got a hold of me and said "buck up, you need to change!" I was shocked, me? What's wrong with me? Tons! She was right. I looked in the mirror every day and told myself I was beautful, intelligent, funny, and deserved to be happy. I made a list of what I needed to do to make these traits stand out again (especially to myself). You can not stay in your "lonely and depressed" state of mind. Do not rush into a relationship, you need time to heal! You deserve the very best, do not fall prey to men who do not truly want to share their lives with you. And as others mentioned, if you are able to, get out of there-you can finish school wherever you end up. You deserve to be happy and have your dreams fulfilled. Start a journal to express your emotions, do not keep them in! Best wishes and keep us posted.
    Just lean on your family and friends now...and focus on school and staying healthy!!!!

You're doing great!!! Trust me I know how it feels when a relationship that you've been in for a while comes to a end! You're going to get thru this...it takes a while...took me 2 years to finally get over mine. But focus on all the good things in your life...go for a short vacation with some friends and family...get away and try to get a new outlook on life.

And no you're not sounding bratty or whiny...life can really suck at times and getting thru things like this can really throw you into a tail spin. *(HUG)* just hang in there :-)
    I can't tell you how i value all this support...........i really can't
    This is why i love this forum
    Well, at least i have a good job now, i left my sad marriage, i left my abuser, i managed to get divorced in 2 months (it could take years - literally in Egypt), i'm down from a size 22 to a size 6, i'm healthy, i am relatively young, i think i'm pretty, i don't have children to think of, i'm Canadian, i guess it's still too early to call it quits.........i just need to focus on me & not on a relationship now, no matter how much it hurts to be lonely now.....i'm sure that one day, in due time i'm bound to meet a good guy somewhere who will know how to make me feel happy & loved........there's gotta be someone out there who can do that..........
    just need to keep the faith i guess..........it's just one of these hard days..... but there is a God & He can make it better.........i just need to help myself as well......
    One final note. If you feel depressed, especially if all you want to do is sleep, please...see a doctor and tell them how you feel. Hide nothing, regardless o feeling embarassed. The first/best change in you can make in your life is to ask for help when you need it, before things get out of hand.

Buck up! Visit a museum! Shop! Hair! Do something small for yourself.

Think, plan, do.
    Why not take a trip? Travel to a different country for a bit - maybe just a vacation in Canada. You may even spark a relationshiop that encourages you to move there, but either way, you'l be out of your current environment and able to think clearer. You are an attractive woman with obvious deep feelings and caring. You deserve to be happy, and it does not appear that you can be in your current surroundings. So instead of just picking up and moving with no clear road ahead, test the waters first.
    I really like all of LUKES advice!! You don't NEED a man to make your life complete!!!!! You are in charge and already doing it but educating yourself. I was married for 36 years and its tough to be on your own. But the peace I have now it soo worth it. Your FREE from this abuse and you are WOMAN so rise above this little pity party. Go to a doctor and like Luke said, tell him/her what is going on. You may need a little medication for now to raise you eyes above the shit. (oops sorry) Its just a saying...
    Can I just say, your 31! Do you know how fun 30's can be? Concentrate on school and healing from the bad yrs. Travel.... sky dive, do something for you. You spent 7 yrs doing for someone else. The world is open these days, finish the semester or your degree whichever and move, you can always go back! I started dating my husband at 37 and had first kids at 38. Don't put harsh time limits on yourself! I realize there are cultural differences, but maybe you will meet someone who is a transplant there too,and he won'thave the same cultural bias as other men. Smile life has more going for you than you can ever dream!
    Quote Originally Posted by luke
    One final note. If you feel depressed, especially if all you want to do is sleep, please...see a doctor and tell them how you feel. Hide nothing, regardless o feeling embarassed. The first/best change in you can make in your life is to ask for help when you need it, before things get out of hand.

Buck up! Visit a museum! Shop! Hair! Do something small for yourself.

Think, plan, do.

I totally agree with what Luke is saying. It sounds like you are quite depressed so you really do NEED to speak to your doctor if possible. I have dealt with depression for a very long time and I have learned that honesty is the best way to go. I have found that when you have depression, the best way to get better is medication and psychotherapy. You WILL get better. You got yourself out of a marriage that was not good for you, that is great you did that. Focus on your health and things will get better. Btw, nothing wrong with saying to the dr you need help as you are depressed. ThaT is what your dr is there for!
    my heart hurts for you i truly believe there is someone for every one but you must love yourself first or all your time will be wasted take this time to find out who you are and start to love that person and one day God will send you the one for you sorry you are so sad i pray for you happier days
    Yep. Get outta the house. As a former sufferer of some serious depression - get outta the house and find someone to talk to - and keep us updated!
    there is nothing i can say that has already been said my friend. This forum is amazing and full of people who care. Heed to their advice and things will be ok. we are here for you and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself and please keep us posted on how things are going
    It is hard, but with time things will get feel better n u will better. N know that there is someone for everyone, but u hav to be patient n heal yurself emotionally, before u focus on anybody else. It will all get better in due time n I pray that u will feel better .