Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

gettinskinny1988

New Surgery Date was quite the surprise

Rate this Entry
I was scheduled to have surgery on June 28th, however my doctors office called me last week and told me that they had changed it. I had my surgery on June 20. I am now two days out. I was released from the hospital today and now I am at home waiting for my son to get home with my pain medication so that I can relax and heal like I should. I am looking forward to my ne wstomach. I have been told that the pain meds make you constipated, has anyone dealt with diarrhea from surgery. Don't get me wrong I would rather go then not be able to, but I have to make sure that I stay hydrated. Any thoughts? Has anyone else been through this? It just seems strange to me.

Submit "New Surgery Date was quite the surprise" to Digg Submit "New Surgery Date was quite the surprise" to del.icio.us Submit "New Surgery Date was quite the surprise" to StumbleUpon Submit "New Surgery Date was quite the surprise" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

When I was doing my 2 week group dieticians appointment, one of the other group members noted the diarhea had been an issue. It seems it can even swing from that to constipation and back again. So I wouldnt be super alarmed. Talk to your surgeon, he can proably suggest something to help. Don't forget to use something like a sports drink (a proper one with electrolyes/salt and not sugar) to help keep your body functioning normally. When you have diarhea you lose salts and other things from your body that water alone won't fix.

I hope this sorts itself out for you, my issues have lay more in the other directions but have been quite manageable.

Cheers
    Brad
    One of the things I was told to use was a Powerade ZERO. It's got 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat and some potassium and sodium. Hope that helps!