Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Cindola

Sleeve and Non Sleeve Victories!

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Cindola View Post
This past weekend I chaperoned my daughter's FIRST-First Robotics Team at their regional in Portland, Oregon -- this was her last one as a high school student and my fourth as a chaperone. The event was bittersweet with memories of the previous three and the excitement and intensity of this competition! A year ago though (and in the previous years as well) I had struggled with keeping up with 25+ high school students walking to and from the hotel to the competition venue -- this year it was a breeze! Sitting in the stands was comfortable for the first time and the stairs from the stands to the pit were a breeze -- the biggest change????? my knees, hips and legs didn't hurt!!!! In addition, I was able to manage my protein, get enough water, and sleep! On a big side note -- eating out was very interesting as I could not even finish a child sized burger, while those around me who complain about their weight and yearly weight gains ate huge portions! The coolest thing was that my daughter offered to share a dish of ice cream with me, what a treat. I also saw that she and a friend shared a meal one night, they were satisfied but not uncomfortable! As to the competition our team's robot did what is was designed to do in every match it was in - and scored 360 of 360 points possible for its job! We made it into the quarter finals for the second time in two years, but we've been in the finals for the last four years as well.

Submit "Sleeve and Non Sleeve Victories!" to Digg Submit "Sleeve and Non Sleeve Victories!" to del.icio.us Submit "Sleeve and Non Sleeve Victories!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sleeve and Non Sleeve Victories!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hello Cindy, it was good to hear from you, how much have you lost so far, if you don't mind me asking?........Miss Jay
    Congratulations with all the victories, hope you will win this year. On the point of huge portions, this weekend I realise how much people around me was eating and I was shock because secondly I realise, they are my slim friends and when I was with them, I would constantly feel hungry and what we were eating would not be enough.
    Miss Jay, I have lost between 40 - 45 pounds so far and it is all good. My loss depends on the day of the week that I weigh LOL, I go for weeks without any loss then I'll drop 5 pounds and bounce in that 5 pound range for another couple of weeks until another drop. Prior to last weekend's chaperone gig my daughter and I discovered that we are wearing the same size pants (she has dropped 3 sizes since the beginning of the school year) and she trusted me to find pants for this activity for her!!!! She is 17 (almost 18) and I am 60!!!