Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KSmith

Latest update!!!!

Rate this Entry
Hello all,
I know its been a while since my last update so let me fill you in!
February was a good month for me. My mother finally moved out, she had been with me since I was two weeks pre-op. I was doing good on dieting, I was off nausea/vomiting medication, I was doing good on fluid intake and I was motivated. I was even getting comfortable with not losing as rapidly, so I joined a gym and started focusing on toning and getting strong. My friends surprised me with a hotel weekend of fun for my birthday so I had a good time with that....then, it went a little downhill.
As I am driving back home from my birthday weekend out of town which was my actual birthday, I start feeling sick. I had a pain underneath my left side under my rib cage that was nagging me, any attempts to eat were just spit out or thrown away. I was not feeling good at all. As I do I suffered that whole Monday night in pain. Tuesday I made an appointment at the bariatric doctor's office he because he also does internal med and surgery, and Wednesday I saw them, he immediately made and appointment for an Ultrasound. Turns out I have gallstones and had to have a cholecystectomy 5 days later.
Now I was supposed to have it out during the sleeve but he elected to not take it out, although my primary doctor suggested he do. If you all do not know the risk of having to have your gall bladder removed after the surgery is exponential due to rapid weight loss; when you are not eating as much, your gallbladder is not working as hard as it used to so you develop stones. I was not at all thrilled to have to miss work and go under the knife again.
I rested at home, I was sore and uncomfortable for a while. I feel like I took a few steps backwards, I has taken more than a week for my appetite to return, I had to go back to nausea meds, and pain meds that make me so constipated I can't function.
But all in all I am not feeling good, actually I have more energy I started back exercising yesterday. And finally had the courage to weigh (I do not own a scale, I don't want to be discourage by daily weighing.) I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE I AM 75 POUNDS DOWN AND HAPPIER THAN EVER!!!

Submit "Latest update!!!!" to Digg Submit "Latest update!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Latest update!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Latest update!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yay for you! Sorry that you had a set-back, but we are fortunate that most cholecystectomies can be performed using laparscopic surgery rather than like the old days when they had to open you up completely and keep you in the hospital for a week. Glad you are feeling better, and the weight loss is terrific! Awesome!!!!
    Way to go! I had gall bladder surgery within just a few weeks after the birth of my son. I know that terrible pain and it will make you want to crawl into the fetal position and not move an inch. In fact, just hearing your story brought back pain flashbacks!!! I'm glad you're on the mend though.
    You Go KSmith!!!!!!
    I think you made it through the worst of it and right ahead to the best. 75 pound loss!!! Wow. Have fun and let us know how it goes.
    Congrats! 75#s wow! Great job!
    AWESOME 75LBS DOWN !!!!!!! CONGRATS CONGRATS =)))))
    Awwwww....sorry to hear that but congrats on the weightloss
    Wow!!!!! Glad you are doing okay!!!!!! You've been busy!!!!!! Congrats and best of luck to you!!!!!!
    Yay!!! Congratulations on the 75lbs!!!