Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

VSGOct2011

Shop, shop - til' you drop! Is this the mantra of a new slimmer me or is this because all those festive commercials?

Rate this Entry
Shop, shop - til' you drop! Is this the mantra of a new slimmer me or is this because all those festive commercials have begun?

Answer to that question - It feels Freaking Amazing to try on stuff that isn't in the Plus Section! I hit that goal today!

I have this super comfy pair of khaki's that I love wearing but were snug pre-op. I wore them to work yesterday and realized it's time to put them in the 'too big' box for giveaway. The butt was sagging and the legs were so loose they didn't have any shape to them. They just hung like pants that were droopy and sad knowing they wouldn't be the beloved 'go to' item in my closet anymore.

So I took my 7, soon to be 8 year old, fashion diva on a shopping quest this afternoon.
Goal: Replacement pair of khaki's for mama.
Well, on the way we hit ToysRUs, The Children's Place and just about every other store at the mall. We achieved a new wardrobe for the girl - 2 dresses with matching jewelry, a skirt, 2 sweaters and a T-shirt that says "I'd give up my brother for more presents!", but no where did find or leave with a pair of replacement khaki's for mama...

But the upside to this - I did try on several pairs of pants in an 18 - yep, regular store, not the Plus Section! I didn't have to do the walk of shame or skip the fashionable stores because I fit!

Previous size - 3x-4X or 22-24.
Current size 18!

I didn't end up picking anything in the 18's because I decided I had spent enough on the princess (her birthday is this week), plus I had already found and purchased a cute pair of high heeled boots. Yep CFM boots...Ones I haven't gotten into for ages and ages because, lets face it - 295lbs on a 4 inch pencil heel is just too painful for me and the poor shoe. I walked around the store and at 255 even my feet feel thinner! They felt great! I didn't need to ask for a wide, just the regular width...Oh what a glorious shopping day, even if I have to head out again tomorrow to find replacement khaki's!

Submit "Shop, shop - til' you drop! Is this the mantra of a new slimmer me or is this because all those festive commercials?" to Digg Submit "Shop, shop - til' you drop! Is this the mantra of a new slimmer me or is this because all those festive commercials?" to del.icio.us Submit "Shop, shop - til' you drop! Is this the mantra of a new slimmer me or is this because all those festive commercials?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Shop, shop - til' you drop! Is this the mantra of a new slimmer me or is this because all those festive commercials?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds awesome Gratz!! Now if I can only figure out what CFM means.......you don't want to know what popped into my head...;P
    What popped into your 'head' is probably exactly right! Lol
    Target have really nice khakis. Straight leg with flat front panels. Very flattering except too damn short for me. I have these long legs (33in inseam) so it's hard for me to find long length pants.

Well done on the weight loss!
    Quote Originally Posted by VSGOct2011
    What popped into your 'head' is probably exactly right! Lol
    Well the first word was Come......the last word was Me.....

And the middle word started with an "F" and I believe it ended with "uck" - and I'm not talking Firetruck!
    I love reading these posts of liberation! Congratulation on your FREEDOM! I don't miss all that extra fabric and paying more for clothes. Your going to save money! Go back and buy those pants girl! Your worth it/ *if theres money left* lol. It all goes to our kids Don't forget to take care of you. You are worth it.
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's not so much that I didn't think I was worth it, it was more about how much I spent on those cute little boots! BTW JJ, bang on with what CFM stands for. I've always had a shoe fettish and the fatter I became the less fashionable and more practical my wardrobe & footwear have become. I fully intend on going back to my fashionable self...Can't let the Princess Diva have a completely better wardrobe than her mama
    Quote Originally Posted by VSGOct2011
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's not so much that I didn't think I was worth it, it was more about how much I spent on those cute little boots! BTW JJ, bang on with what CFM stands for. I've always had a shoe fettish and the fatter I became the less fashionable and more practical my wardrobe & footwear have become. I fully intend on going back to my fashionable self...Can't let the Princess Diva have a completely better wardrobe than her mama
    You go girl!
    LOVE it!! You guys are killing me!!
    I'm so glad you had such a liberating day shopping for you and your family! It feels soooo good. Congrats on your boots...lets see a pic
    Isn't it wonderful to shop in the normal section. I purchased a pair of jeans at Avenue before surgery and never had a chance to wear them. Had to take them back yesterday because you could put two of my BUTTS in them now. It was a great feeling.