Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LadyCreole

3 Week stall???

Rate this Entry
I am 3 weeks out and have only lost 12lbs. The scale has been the same for a week! I don't understand........I exercise almost everyday and eat about 600calories/day. Last week my diet was advanced to pureed and nothing lost since. I always read how people have lost 30lbs or more in the first month. So frustrating.......What do I do?

Submit "3 Week stall???" to Digg Submit "3 Week stall???" to del.icio.us Submit "3 Week stall???" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 Week stall???" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey there,
    I am 2 weeks out and hit my first stall. Surgeon says he doesn't like us weighing ourselves for the first 4 weeks as hydration really effects what we see on the scale. We have all been through major surgery and lose a lot of fluid and can very easily become dehydrated. Believe it or not the amount of fluids we hold really makes a huge difference. At first we lose a lot because we lose loads of hydration. It then slows down or even temporarily stops as we rehydrate. Dont beat yourself up. Focus on heeling. Weight loss will start again. Best thing to do is take weekly measurements. They don't lie. xxx
    I feel for you. My surgery is next week and I know how i'd feel if after all of this, i stalled early out. the prior post makes sense - hydration. You are doing all you can - eating right and exercisiing - which i thought we couldn't do till 4 weeks out. Give your body time to adjust. we are all different
    Hang in there...... Your body is readjusting. Keep doing what you are doing and don't give up. I am 10 months out. and have lost a total of 112lbs. 2 pounds lower than goal. I had times when i was 2 or more weeks at the same weight then it started up again loosing. I also suggest changing up your exercise alittle. That might jump start you again. Good luck. Sharon
    600cal/day seems low, does your body think it's starving and holding onto the weight? I'm new here, so I don't know myself.
    maybe you need to eat
    I'm 17 days out & think I'm stalled too. I hope it starts up again soon. I'm not exercising yet. Walk about 6 miles a day at work though! My treadmill is being repaired. I have a great boot camp class at the gym I can't wait to resume but have to wait for the month mark to do it.
    I am also stuck in a stall for the last two weeks. My surgery was on January 21 and I lost 20 pounds the first week and a half. I have been very disappointed the last week for losing nothing. I have really grown tired of the shakes and yogurt
    cut out every little carb.
    I just got out of my stall finally by upping my water a little more, and eating only turkey thin sliced lunch meat plus protein shakes. I ate 600 calories of lunch meat a day, just snacking small amounts at a time, the last couple of days, and I am losing faster now. Maybe it is because I switched it up, but I suspect it is higher calories and no carbs. Remember, the act of digestion does cause you to increase metabolism somewhat.
    I totally agree with Christine. You need to eat more. And do NOT cut out every little carb...burning carbs takes energy which increases metabolism. Of course, that's just my opinion and the key to MY OWN success. Everyone is different.
    I am supposed to have 600-800 calories a day but I think I will bump it up and see if I can get out of this starvation mode. Thanks everyone!