Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between TucsonAmy and themouse1960

Leave Comment

12 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Amy! I haven't been on the forum in a long time and have been wondering how you are doing? I am doing great-surviving another winter in AK! Have you healed from your PS? Are you happy with it? I vascillate between wanting to get some plastics done and then saying "oh the heck with it". I have been maintaining my weight-which is nice. Well, I hope you are well. Write sometime!
  2. Heh Amy!

H ow the heck have you been? I haven't seen you on here in a loooonnnng time. How is your weight loss going? I hope it has gone as smoothly as mine has. Just had an issue with my gallbladder & that is it. I got to my goal and went 15 pounds lower nd I have maintained for the zpast 3 months. Even did good on a 5 week vacation this summer. Truly this was the best decision and $ I have ever spent on myself. Write back, okay? Phyllis
  3. Phyllis, i forgot to ask you about your gall bladder issue. I'm sorry it went bad. I'm sure you know it is common (30%). I have been taking Ursodiol (anti-gallstone meds) since the surgery. Should be able to stop at 6 mos post-op. Did you take any meds to prevent the problem? No matter, it is still no guarantee to prevent stones.
    I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.
    take care..........amy
  4. Heh Amy!

How the heck are you doing? I haven't seen you online lately. Now is your weight loss going? I bought a size 10 Levi's yesterday!!! I have NEVER wore that size. I was just stoked. I am doing well. Have to have my gallbladder out on the 20 th. :-(. I am a little nervous about that. That is my 5 month postmop date. Ironic isn't it? Write backx-you look great BTW!
  5. You will get there! I actually almost weigh what my drivers license says!!! LMAO! I still fight the demons of putting food in my mouth before thinking...I think it will be lifelong! I will go to the dr. the first part of March and I am interested to see what all of my numbers are. I do feel good...so nice to like the way I look and feel for the first time in years! I did not see the lights as they are usually out really late at night/really early in the morning. I am usually in slumberland! Well, speaking of which-great to hear from you. Take care and write soon!!!
  6. Hi Phyllis, You are doing fantastic!! I agree with Michelle, you are an inspiration. Between controlled eating and regular exercise.......you are doing it all right. Congrats !! Michelle and i are in a race to get to Onderland. I think she's going to beat me ;-)

I'm wondering if you are seeing the amazing light show where you are. I've seen the pictures from Fairbanks......absolutely gorgeous. I'm happy for you. Hope to get inspired and get back on track.
  7. Hey Amy-

How are you? I haven't seen you on here for quite awhile. I still check a bit daily. Don't see a lot of the old sleevers on to much anymore. How is your weight loss going? I am down 61#'s. I have made it to onederland. It is amazing. Surreal to be honest. I have made it back to the gym-our temp's have been ridicously cold. Hubby and I went to CA for 9 days and it was fantastic! We did tons of walking and sightseeing. He has a cousin that lives there so it was pretty low budget for us. Nice! I hope you are doing well and your weight is falling off!!! Happy New Year!!!
  8. Heh Amy-

How are you doing? You are 2 weeks out now. Is it getting any easier? How do you feel? I am feeling great. Practicing on eating slow-been doing better. Have been trying more foods. Found some cocoa with only 10 calories and I put it in almond milk. Low cal, no sugar and it actually tastes good!!! Let me know how you are doing. Take care.
  9. Hi Amy-

How are you feeling? re you loving Hospital Almater as much as we did? Message me back when you get around to it and let me know how all is going. You are in my thoughts and prayers today!
  10. Good luck tomorrow! Let me know how everything goes & how you are feeling. I remember after I had my surgery(a few hours later) I was sitting up in bed and Dr. Aceves came in and said "You don't look like a woman who just had surgery"! You will do great. Remember to follow Dr's orders. Take care and I will be thinking of you.
  11. Hi Amy! Are you getting packed? Remember-pack light. I didn't bring much and you won't need it. I weighed this morning and am down another 3#'s! It is just surreal. I know you will have a great experience with Dr. Aceves/Compos. I don't regret my decision for one minute. I slid into a size 16 jeans this morning and didn't even have to lay on the bed to zip them!! Ya baby!!! It feels so good to lose weight again. It has been such a long time since I have even lost 5#'s!

Well, I will be thinking of you on Wednesday. Good vibes and prayers comin' your way! Let me know how it goes.

Phyllis
  12. Hi phyllis,

Hope you're doing well. Haven't seen you online for a while.

take care....amy
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 12 of 12