Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Rose69 and angelique4kids

Leave Comment

8 Visitor Messages

1. Hey Agelique, I don't mind at all that you showed my pictures to your family. Tell your son I said thanks for the compliment. You and I seem to have a lot in common, I also have an adult son, he's 22. Lol!
    It's so exciting, your surgery is in 4 days. I know you're nervous (I was) but its worth it. I really enjoy talking to you, please keep me posted.

Rose
  2. Hey Rose...That is awsome about shopping my daughter is 15 too and I can hardly wait to shop with her.I tell you your postings and pics really got me motivated...i am so excited. Yes i was thinking to if i can lose weight on my own i would of LOL but i am on a liquid diet this week. I guess she said the milk of magnesia helps clear out the stomach ...i have to drink 2 cups the before surgery so sunday. Hope you dont mind i showed my husband and kids the pic of you before and after..they were like wow!!! you look great be proud women!!! You doing great!!! my 24 year old son said you look his age and good. : )
  3. Hi Angelique4kids, I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I went clothes shopping with my 15 year old daughter. I love it now, haha! Anyway most people on here talk about a 2 week liquid diet but my doctor doesn't require it. I asked him and his reply was, If we could lose weight on our own we wouldn't need the surgery. He did however want me to try to eat healthy for 3 months. He wanted me to substitue 1 meal with a protein shake. I did it once in a while, never really stuc to any eating plan. I used those 3 months to say good bye to all the food that after the surgery I would never be able to enjoy again. Let me put it this way, most people lose a few pounds before the surgery, I however was 3 pounds heavier on the day of the surgery. On the morning of the surgery I weighed 263 pounds.

As for the milk of magnesia, I have never heard of patients taking it before surgery. Did she say what it was for?

Talk to you soon!
  4. Hey rose69 no she didn't she said 1 week liquid diet. Is that weird? I read on here everyone having weeks of diets and she didn't say much about it....and to stop everything right at midnite Sunday . No liquids just lil water for my blood pressure pills and milk of magnesia.
  5. Thank you Angelique4kids for that great compliment, and don't be scared, you will be fine just think about the end results. It is so worth it. I never knew that at the age of 44 life could be so good. Even though my 3 children never told me they wished they had a skinny mom like their friends, I believe that deep down somewhere they did because they love going out with me now and doing things with me. It can also be because I have enough energy and am able to keep up with them.

I'm here for you if you have any questions or if you need any advice. Best of luck to you. Oct 14 will be here before you know it! Keep me posted. Quick question, did your doctor put you on a 2 week pre-op diet?
  6. saw your before and after...awsome. I am so excited. I was getting so nervous and scared about Oct 14 but saw your pics and got so happy...and excited.I can do this! Thank you for being a inspiration!!! keep up the good job!
  7. Hi Angelique4kids,
    Please don't bee scared, you will be fine. I'm not going to sit here and tell you it's nothing because it is surgery and it is very hard work to eat right and exercise and the first few weeks of only being on liquids. But after that it gets easier and the end result is absolutely amazing.
    I really don't have many before pics, I was so disgusted with the way I looked that I would always leave the room when I saw a camera or hid my body behind someone else so all you could see was my face but still my face was so fat. I did have my husband take a whole body photo of me the morning of the surgery. I uploaded it to my computer but am having trouble getting it on this site. Im going to have to get one of my kids to help me. I got that before picture developed and hung it on my fridge. Every time, especially at night when I want a snack or head hunger sets in I go up to the fridge, look at the picture and walk away.
    When you see the picture you will see the reason why I would run when I saw a camera. Since I'm so short, exactly 5 ft. at 260 pounds I was a round inflated ball!
    I'll hopefully have the picture up by tomorrow night.
    Let me know if I can help in any way or if you have any questions. Keep me posted on your journey.

Best Wishes,
    Rose
  8. Wow reading your progress really inspires me and gives me hope! I have surgery on the 14th....Your profile pic is awsome...post some before pics up too .Be proud of you journey and sucesss!!! I am happy for you and I just saw your profile today but it gets my all pumped up for my surgery...thank you makes me forget about my scaredness.....LOL : )
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8