Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between britiajon and Army_Girl

Leave Comment

6 Visitor Messages

1. So glad it went well now on to this awesome journey. Your going to do great
  2. Hi Shari!

I just wanted to drop by and say thank you for all your help. I am very pleased with my surgery, doctor and his staff. Thanks again,

Ordet
  3. Just remember these first couple months are going to be hard. Your body and mind needs to find its new normal. That will come in time and you'll find yourself suddenly realizing this new way of eating feels right and normal. When you start to feel overwhelmed and frustrated, remember that it gets better fast. I'm 11 months out today, I went to the drs this morning. My bloodwork was perfect! Protein levels good, no sign of the diabetes (complete remission), I'm off all my blood pressure meds, and my blood pressure is in the optimum zone. I'm down 131 lbs, in a size 6-8, and I feel healthy and in control of my life. In short, it's just so darn awesome! Lol

It's really hard to believe how 1 short year can completely change your life. A little rough at the start but oh so worth it
  4. Thank you so much for the insight!! I think they are booked solid for my day. I'm thinking 8 of us and some are having folks go too.

Thanks a heap!!
  5. Hi and first congrats on doing this for yourself. How your world and health is going to change

I only had 3 others besides myself having surgery that day, so it may be a bit more chaotic if there's more. Basically they picked us up at the airport, drove to the clinic and we all started our ekgs, history review, etc. dr. Almanza came and talked to us, explained things and asked us a few questions. After that the first person went in. I think they went from lightest to heaviest. I went in second.

Only thing I was really glad I had was Chapstick and gasx strips. I felt very dehydrate and my lips were really dry.

Hope your journey is a great one. Let me know how it goes
  6. I fly on 21 Aug and surgery on 22 Aug. I read some of the posts and it makes it easy for me to see successful folks. I am nervous but excited. Any advice on what to bring and what goes on the morning you arrive at the hospital. I appreciate your help. Thanks, Ordet
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6