Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between mamamckinzie and New Woman

Leave Comment

6 Visitor Messages

1. Thank you
  2. Congrats! Woot! Woot! The first couple of months are a bit of an uphill battle but it is sooooo worth it my friend! Way to go! I am sliding down the losers bench to make room for ya!
  3. Mamamckinzie,
    I haven't let it stop me and am now 5 days post-op and 17lbs less. Even with me been low BMI for WLS, the weight is coming off a lot faster then everyone said! I'm feeling fine and seem to get feeling better faster then most, even through I started out worse lol. I already am starting to feel better then before surgery and my husband is the only one I've told. I feel not everything is everyone's business. Only the people, which I my husband, who's life will be affect by this needs to know anything. He has been so great throught this whole process and have his full support!!! He tells me everyday how great I look and how proud he is of me for taking this step to better my health.
  4. Mamamckinzie,
    I haven't let it stop me and am now 5 days post-op and 17lbs less. Even with me been low BMI for WLS, the weight is coming off a lot faster then everyone said! I'm feeling fine and seem to get feeling better faster then most, even through I started out worse lol. I already am starting to feel better then before surgery and my husband is the only one I've told. I feel not everything is everyone's business. Only the people, which I my husband, who's life will be affect by this needs to know anything. He has been so great throught this whole process and have his full support!!! He tells me everyday how great I look and how proud he is of me for taking this step to better my health.
  5. Hi New Woman!
    Sorry I have not replied sooner. Been off the boards for a while. I would not let someone else's opinion sway your decision one way or the other. This is decision first of all that is made by you! You are the one who is dealing with your body. Good, bad, or indifferent. If you are trying to lose and maintain and have not been successful and want to tool that will enable you to succeed, then the sleeve is for you. If your doctor agrees with you than GO FOR IT! I have only told a select few people that I had the surgery. These are people that have personally witnessed by struggle with weight and are totally supportive. This decision is not borne out of vainity but out of a desire to be healthy! My surgeon has been so happy with my results (as a low bmi-er) that he is now considering having it done himself! Now that says something! Do not let the fact of having a low bmi stop you! If you have hit the obese column like I did than something needs to be done! Is it easy? Nope! But it GETS easier and it is soooo worth it and you are so worth it! Good luck with your decision and keep me posted...I am interested to hear your journey!
  6. Hello, I saw you had a low BMI before surgery and wanted to know if you would tell me how everything went. I am at 217lbs and 37.5 BMI, don't look like I am that big but do look overweight lol. I am doing this for health issues more then size. Worried because of the low BMI and the way I look, I will not lose much if any weight or to much. Hope to hear he thing went for you. I talk to a few ladies at the doctors office but they not only looked at me like I don't need the surgery but have told me so too! I've gotten to where I don't want to talk to anyone about it because of the way the act. Even the nurse told me I looked just fine and shouldn't be wanting the surgery, after I told her about the ladies I had spoke too! I really thought because she could see in my paperwork what I weighed/BMI she would have told me not to worry about it and give me someone to talk too! The doctor says it will be just fine and this surgery will work great for me, I should get down to the weight of 125 which is where I should be for my height. But if I get to 165 then the surgery worked. Please let me know if you had the same problems and how things went after surgery. Thanks!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6