Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Kelly Jo and kristinek87

Leave Comment

5 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Kelly Jo! I hope everything is going great for you!! Crazy story for you lol I had my consultation today with LaMaster's and I absolutely love her so far!! I felt very confortable with her and got almost all of my questions so far answered! I was just about to message you before I went in to ask if I go to the hopsital or to the same place in West Des Moines but then I found it on one of the pieces of paper. I got to the office and am almost positive I may have seen your husband leaving. Everyone was saying good luck so if he is getting close tell him congrats and good luck for me! I do still need to go to the support group and I think I am going to the next one in October and I see theres a chance for prizes!! Woohoo. Anyways, so far, I am very pleased with how everything is falling into place and I can see how this 6 months will just fly by with all of these appointments
  2. No, I don't think LaMasters does anything different than anyone else. She is an excellent surgeon. I'm just one of those people with seriously messed up metabolism from 20+ years of yo yo dieting. I still fight carbs and cravings and fully admit I've not been on program. I never gain more than a few pounds but my weight loss has slowed and I just need to discipline myself to get back to 100% healthy choices and spend more time in the gym. As of today, I am down 106 lbs. total. I'm 9 months post op and 33 lbs was lost in my 6 month pre op that my insurance requires. One requirement they have is that you attend one support group meeting which they hold monthly. September's meeting is this Saturday so I am planning on going since I don't have to work. I miss a lot of them because of my work schedule. Hubby just completed his six month pre op and has received insurance approval but he is still unsure.I hope he does it. The South Glen clinic is about 10 minutes away from me. I work at Methodist overnights. So I imagine we may be able to meet up.
  3. Phew very good news!! Does she do anything different as far as procedure to make the process a little slower? I actually think slow may be better for me just so my skin can go back to normal. I am going to the lecture this Friday in West Des Moines and then the ball will start rolling. I am super excited and more than ready. I currently live in Pella and commute to work in Des Moines. My dad was a surgeon in Grinnell where he specialized in weight loss surgeries with the now male surgeon through Iowa Health. My mom is also a family doctor on the south side of Des Moines through Iowa Health at The South Glen clinic. Such a small world I am so glad you were pleased with her though! Like I said, I am just now going to the informational seminar and then all my appointments will start so maybe we all will cross paths sometime soon with your husband now starting the process also
  4. I would recommend her to anyone. My loss is slow compared to many people here but I have no regrets. Had an easy recovery. My husband is planning on doing it now also. He meets LaMasters next week. I just had my 9 month follow up today. Do you still live in Grinell or are you in the DM area? Good luck.
  5. Hi Kelly Jo. I just joined the Midwest group and saw you had your's done with LeMaster's in Des Moines! How did everything go? I am getting ready to meet her on Friday and she will be doing my sleeve surgery also. My insurance covers Iowa Health and the male surgeon used to be my dad's business partner in Grinnell so I didn't want to add any pressure to him since he knows my family pretty well. I have only heard great things about her and can't wait to meet her this Friday!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5